Dammit, Honda!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dammit, Honda!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dammit, Honda!

So, the F6 is sold as of this afternoon. Had more interest in than I expected. Used FB Marketplace and Craigslist, and FB generates far more interest. Two week turnaround time, and got more for it than I feared I might have to take.

The eventual buyer took a look at it Sunday evening, and I rode it to a nearby park to meet him. I have only been riding the new to me full Wing since June 15.

Only a mile away, I rode it and sat on my Corbin seat and that much different seating position and thought to myself, “Dammit, Honda! Why couldn’t you put ABS on these bikes?!?!” If they had, I have no reason to sell.

While that’s my reason, most tire kickers that took a look at the bike said they’ve loved it since it came out, but lack of cruise control is what kept them from buying and keeps them from buying used.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I'm sorry. I've never felt handicapped because I didn't have abs. The B has the best brakes of any bike I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm sorry. I've never felt handicapped because I didn't have abs. The B has the best brakes of any bike I've ever owned.
    I kinda think that some of the potential buyers for your bike were using these issues as an excuse of sorts...I have never ever had any braking issues with my 2013 deluxe and never had any reason to use cruise control...I guess some feel these extras are necessary otherwise Ma Honda would probably not have put them on newer models...In any event, glad you sold your bike and I hope you enjoy the full wing....Regards
    Last edited by opas ride; 07-11-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Well, it wasn’t an issue for you ... you bought one!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

My Wing has ABS, don't miss it (as of yet anyway) on the B. Would rather it did have it, but not a deal killer for me.

I guess the over-arching thing here, as represented by several posts, is: don't panic.
    Maybe that's easier for me to say than most, being a 20 year military helicopter test pilot with over 170 combat missions.
    Maybe I'm full of sh*t.

But I firmly believe that anytime you allow your brain to "permit panic", you are inviting unwanted variables.

Assuming an average IQ & physical fitness....muscle memory, perfect practice, and repetition of proper techniques will save your adrenaline filled, panic stricken brain better than technology.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by 53driver; 07-12-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I guess the over-arching thing here, as represented by several posts, is: don't panic.
    Maybe that's easier for me to say than most, being a 20 year military helicopter test pilot with over 170 combat missions.
    Maybe I'm full of sh*t.

But I firmly believe that anytime you allow your brain to "permit panic", you are inviting unwanted variables.

Assuming an average IQ & physical fitness....muscle memory, perfect practice, and repetition of proper techniques will save your adrenaline filled, panic stricken brain better than technology.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve - while I have met you and respect your experience, knowledge and contributions to this forum, I do have to wonder how many times technology saved your ass on those combat missions? To each his own, but I will opt for ABS anytime I can get it.

According to Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" Quality is made up from two approaches, Classic & Romantic.
    The Classic approach takes the underlying form and derives Quality from a very scientific perspective.
    The Romantic view looks at the whole entity and derives Quality from the overall effect on the individual.

Some people like to be in complete control of everything.
    Others are content with chosen aspects of their 'everything' relegated to some sort of automation.
    This goes to everything from riding, to cooking, to purchasing almost anything, to paying taxes.

It's not that one way is superior, or even better, it's just the way we choose to think.
    Cheers,
    Steve

PS - as a first born son & aircraft pilot, I have learned that I am a controller. I need to be in charge of everything that affects me.
    How do I "control" the paying taxes gig? I vote, and I delegate that process to my wife who really enjoys numbers.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Maybe I'm full of sh*t.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Perfect Steve...Panic kills

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Well, it wasn’t an issue for you ... you bought one!
    Never owned a bike with abs. Can't miss what you don't have. You can't replace skill and ability with electronics. If you think you can't lose the front with abs , you're wrong. Being aware of the conditions and making changes accordingly will make a difference. You've changed everything about your ride staking your well being on abs. It's not the end all answer to adverse conditions and situations.