2018-19 Goldwing rear suspension - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Goldwing rear suspension

Hi Roy,
    Great to see you back and looking to get on the bike again. I have two friends with bmw's, one an RT the other a GS. Maybe we can get together for breakfast or lunch and they can give you some first hand knowledge and their ideas on the bikes... Plus it would be good to see you again!
    WEG (from Tradition)

F6BRoy - If you find yourself in NW Georgia anytime soon, reach out and let me know. I'll put you on mine for a ride so you can try it out. I don't think it'll ever replace my F6B, but it's a fun option for days when I want something different.

Wayne, great to hear from you. Would love to get together for breakfast or just to get together. Exploring new bike possibilities has helped me stop from going crazy during this recovery. I have company this weekend but maybe next? Let me know. Roy

Rdbonds, thanks for your generous offer. If I wind up visiting my friend in Blueridge I will let you know. Ride safe. Roy

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    Wayne, great to hear from you. Would love to get together for breakfast or just to get together. Exploring new bike possibilities has helped me stop from going crazy during this recovery. I have company this weekend but maybe next? Let me know. Roy
    Hi Roy

I'm out of town visiting kids in San Diego then Boulder, returning August 1st. I'll drop a line when I'm back and we can make arrangements. Glad to see you are doing OK.

W

I have the Arnott Air ride on the rear of my F6B. I doubt you could get much smoother than that on a bike. I test rode the 18 GW Tour last year and remember it riding very smoothly. I just ordered a 19 DCT Tour. Have not decided whether I'll sell my F6B or not.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Have you ever tried the Honda VFR 1200X crosstourer....?

Ok here goes.Ii owned f6b 4 years and loved that bike you all know the ride on that.Then I traded on non tour 19 wing,very nice ride and some softer than the B.Then sold the 19 wing 6 weeks later.Then bought k1600b 3 weeks ago .The ride on this bike in cruise mode is very soft plush..If I had back surgery it would be on short list and would surmise the new tour wing would be good also.Hope that helps

Jimmytee, I appreciate the input. Just not into the full Goldwing Tour. I have heard good things about the ArnottAir ride. Thanks. Roy

BLK6bgg6, I agree the K1600 B is on the shortlist. The reverse gear is a plus also. Thanks. Roy