A different perspective, late to the party - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A different perspective, late to the party

I think it is funny that so many, even bike people think these are the new Goldwings. This week someone even called it a BMW.

For example I've been asked -

Is that bike electric?
    Is that a new GoldWing?
    What kind of bike is that?
    Holy shit that's nice, what is it?

To name a few.
    Last edited by unsub; 07-17-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yes 100s, must have looked at more than 40 last year on a 18 state 7000 mile trip that included a F6B rally where over 30 were in attendance. Another rally the year before in the Smokies and I do know the difference in a HD and a F6B.
    Whatever you say my friend, but I seriously doubt you have seen "hundreds" but maybe so...I don't take many long trips but as most have said on this thread , maybe a handful of F6B's but not many more...Regards and ride safe

I did not go to this rally but did two others plus a F6B meet and greet once. Good collection of Bs.
    DSCN0383_zps8578531b[1].jpg

I have owned 2 of them in past 6 months. First one I had 6 weeks and totaled it. Turned around and bought another. My guess in why you dont see them is people dont ride them. The first 1 I bought was a 13 bought it in November of 2018 he bought it new in 2013. it had 9,000 miles. the second one I bought was another 2013 that original owner bought in 2013. It had 2,383 miles. So one was 5 years old with 9,000 miles the other 5 years old with 2,383 miles. That is why no one sees them on road. My bike will be seen now, I not saving it for anyone I going to ride the ass off of it. I have averaged a little over 25,000 miles a year the past 5 years. I was laid up after my crash and was not on bike til April and have 6,500 miles since then.

A guy asked me the other day, How big are they making em now?
    I told him 1800.
    He said ,I bet that thing moves.
    I just nodded. I said I hope they make em bigger next year.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I think this is a funny forum.
    I traveled to Long Island this morning and at 4:30 am I was passed by a black B.
    It was all lit up in the rear and had one of those flashing brake lite things when he slowed for his exit.
    Ya really great to see what others see when we are going down the road.

I had just about 27,000 miles on mine when I sold it. That turned off a lot of buyers. For my southern and western friends, 27,000 is high mileage for a lot of northern buyers. It takes someone who rides a lot and/or knows Gold Wings to even pick up the phone to call on a bike with that many miles. Makes for some great deals up here when you can actually find a bike with “high” mileage ... they don’t sell and sellers end up selling them cheap. I paid trade in on VStar five years ago because it had 33,000 miles in it and I was the only one who looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    It takes someone who rides a lot and/or knows Gold Wings to even pick up the phone to call on a bike with that many miles. Makes for some great deals up here when you can actually find a bike with “high” mileage ... they don’t sell and sellers end up selling them cheap.
    I think that's very true. If I were in the market for another GW 50,000 + miles wouldn't bother me a bit as long as I knew the mechanical history and otherwise the bike was well taken care of.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

In our Tue & Sat lunch group there's one other B, used to be 2 but he traded it on a new DCT GW.
    I see several guys on here from FL. I'd bet they been right through my area (lots of back roads) but I've never seen them.