Elite 4 review

Thread: Elite 4 review

Elite 4 review

I read some reviews for the Elite 4 before I bought them for my 2015 F6B so I was a little concerned. This tires solve one big problem and improved my bike handling. I use to have the wobbling on my bike while doing around 35 to 40, pretty much since I bought it, so I bought the fork stabilizer and really didn't help. The Elite 4 took care of the problem and I will never get back to Bridgestone tires, cornering and maneuvering has improved dramatically with my new tires. I heard some complains about the handling when it rains, but I haven't had any rain since I bought them co I can't tell, and besides, unless i'm on a trip, I try to avoid riding in the rain. Another plus is the tire life is suppose to be longer, but I've yet to see if it is true. I say is a great tire worth the price. Just saying...
    I'm moving to Florida, so ice and snow will not be in the picture (weeee) so I hope I can enjoy my new tires for as long as I can, and I'm looking forward to meet riders in Fla. Planning on moving to the Hernando County area.
    Happy rides!

I'm on my 7th rear OEM Bridgestone, they don't last too long, but I have always had great handling, and no front wobble. Good luck in the Florida heat!

Just the opposite with the wobble here. None until I got the E4. I do feel more comfortable with the overall handling tho..

I use AVON's, no problems at all. They make a pair just for the GW's. Mine are smooth, no wobble, great ride, great wet & dry grip, tar snakes are no problem. 1oz of beads in the front; 2oz in the rear, smooth as silk over 100mph.

Mine are just about done. Never getting another set. Noisiest tires I've ever had!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I have put about 9+k miles on my Elite-4s. It looks like I will get about 10-11k on these and I got about the same on my Bridgestones. I tried them all on my 2002 Wing and found the Bridgestones to have the best characteristics overall, including price. I'm not sure how some folks get so many miles. Perhaps it is my riding style. My tire pressures are maintained (cold 40F 42R) -- even had to add some air when I was on my trip out west as the pressures decrease at the lower elevations.

Pros: General handling
    Cons: Front wobble 35-45mph (I think this might be from the balance or mounting--not an issue for me however), bad (as are most Dunlop Elites) with tar snakes and grooved pavement (really bad with the grooves), and have become quite noisy, higher cost than Bridgestones.

Not sure how they are in the rain as I have managed to avoid wet roads -- lucky me.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic