OK guys.
So i know that there are all kinds of discussions about how to reach the proper high or how to go about it, so here is my bit. As much as I like to do it, it seems to me than a lowering kit is a bit to risky expensive especially when cornering and taking tight turns, and it doesn't look like there are any seats that can really bring your feet flat enough on the ground, and as for modifying the stock seat, it really looks like an expensive proposition. In my case, I sent my seat to a place in North Carolina (meancitycycles) but the end result was OK at best. They said they couldn't lower the seat too much and they installed a back rest. For the price it didn't look like I had a good deal, but I ended up kind of accepting it because I was tired of trying. I tried the mustang seat, but although it was a lot softer than the stock, it brought me back to my old problem of reaching the handlebar, no back rest, and it was higher than the stock so I returned it. As of now, I can almost plant half my foot on the ground and suffer a little trying to back up, but at least the back rest and the risers I installed help me, and I feel fairly comfortable while riding, but I have to stop often because the seat is too hard. I have a cushion that, although could make the ride a bit more comfortable, it rises the bike about half an inch... so you get the idea. All this said, do anybody know of a better alternative? although I'm not really that short (5' 8"ish) there has to be more options out there!
I love my bike, but I can understand why some folks rather buy a different kind of bike because of that very issue.
Happy rides!