To seat or not to Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To seat or not to Seat

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    all the steel steeds I own and ride more that 50 miles have RDL saddles on them, been that way since 1979 when I got my first RDL.
    Where do you think I got the idea from
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I put a 1 inch lower in bracket on mine and a hartco seat. I’m 5-6 and 28 inseam and could flat foot. Never notice a problem cornering. The hartco is a nice seat but I got too heavy for the foam used . I had Traxxion mega Monty installed and lost some that I had gained. The Traxxion doesn’t raise it but the suspension doesn’t collapse like the OEM does. Couldn’t get an RDL in time for the rally last year so ordered an Ultimate mid rider. It raised me up to the point that I had lost all I had gained. The Ultimate is good but now thinking about an RDL.

Any reviews on the Mustang Touring Fastback seat? I like the look of the high back without an actual "add-on" backrest.

On my VTX, I found the Touring seat with the passenger pillion to be wonderful for lower back support.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    What Mustang did you have that is higher than the stock seat?
    The stock seat is already lowered 1/2 inch so the mustang seat brought me back to the original height.

RDL said the cannot bring the seat lower but higher.

Hey perohijo, a few things worth considering when thinking about getting an RDL: Your level of comfort while riding will most likely trump how you feel when you have to flatfoot at stops. You will have to slide forward to the nose of the seat at stops, but we all do that. I'm 6' with a 31" inseam and I do that. It's just the nature of the way you sit back in a pocket while riding. So as long your pictures are good, and you're clear with Jay about what you want, your riding triangle will be as close to perfect as possible. Your reach to the bars-exactly where you want them. Your reach to the pegs, just right. I think sliding forward to the nose is a very small price to pay for this level of comfort. And incidentally, the seat feels much narrower between the pocket and the nose than either the stock seat or the Mustang Deluxe. I'll try to get a measurement next week when I'm not so busy at work to see how high that section of the seat is from the ground, because that's where you'd be at stops, anyway.

When I ordered mine, I requested it to be as low as possible while retaining the signature RDL comfort. The seat height feels really close to stock to me, I'm guessing because you sit down and back in a pocket.

Jason