Ok so don't be offended like my buddy was this last week. Honest question. I assume this is merely protocol among an agreed group or club ride thing, but I went on a 5 day run with five other bikers/friends this last week through Oregon and Washington. three of us do not do the hand signal thing and the other three do. The lead biker was bent out of shape about us not doing the hand signals every time, which to me was more of a puppet show, who does hand signals on off ramps and coming into small towns where you know you have to slow down, there are speed markers and stop signs? We get it, we can see it.

I understand pointing out obstructions and debris in the road, but I honestly see more risk in having every biker in a small or large chain, do the hand signals for every lane change, slow down to stop, take off ramps, etc. it takes their hands off the bars and we have turn indicators and brake lights.

Anyone else run into this while riding with others? It came to the point I am just either riding in the back or not going to ride with those that get so upset about not passing signals back. This is a guy who does the HOG rides every weekend and likes to play road captain. Not my thing really to do that, to me its safer to just ride and obey traffic signs.