Led extra brake light - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Led extra brake light

In Texas...I've never had an inspection problem with a flashing brake light on a motorcycle.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I don't think adding a light would be a problem. The loss of the rear reflector might be a problem in some states. Not something I would worry about, I've removed many side reflectors but we do not have inspections.

No Inspections would rock! They check everything here, they even grab your risers and shake them to check the bearings in the neck. At the end they pull out the decibel thing and check your exhaust reading. I think they lowered it again here in NH to 92, I'm glad I kept my factory exhaust !

As much as I like not having to take stuff thru inspection...I really wish some of the piles of junk rolling around here would.

As for the relector, you could very easily just move it under the license plate
    2015 matte silver F6B

Relocating the reflector....

I remounted my reflector under the license plate when I put a Whelen TIR3 where that reflector was.
    Reflectors ARE required on the sides and in the back in all states as a safety item in case you have an electrical failure at night.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Dweisman429 View Post
    MRB68...this one also flashes the entire time the brake is on. I don't care though...let it flash. Lol

53Driver has a Whelen unit which is very comparable in size and I believe he mentioned that his will flash then go steady. But it is also $65 or more. And I realize that is still not a bad price for a little extra safety, but $20 I like better.
    I have the Whelen and mine can not do the flash then steady. Its one or the other. Maybe he has a backoff module in the circuit?

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Reflectors ARE required on the sides and in the back in all states as a safety item in case you have an electrical failure at night.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    NOT THAT I'M ARGUING...But...In Texas...I've never had an inspection problem with a missing reflector on a motorcycle. On my VTX, the front fork reflectors had fallen off and the rear license plate reflectors where removed a long time ago.

I would agree with Steve/53Driver that reflectors are required but our lax inspectors don't look for reflectors.

I also did a search for
    Whelen TIR3 and found them HERE.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Sooner or later, you’ll run across a redneck State Trooper havin’ a bad day...
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dweisman429 View Post
    As much as I like not having to take stuff thru inspection...I really wish some of the piles of junk rolling around here would.

As for the relector, you could very easily just move it under the license plate
    I agree!!! Live in Ocala Fl. and some of the cars and trucks on the road are down right scary!!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Relocating the reflector....

I remounted my reflector under the license plate when I put a Whelen TIR3 where that reflector was.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I followed your lead on the reflector idea, after I took mine off I found out it will fail inspection. Thanks for the idea.