Yellow fog lens covers?

Thread: Yellow fog lens covers?

Yellow fog lens covers?

The other day I saw two bikes coming toward me off in the distance. Both bike had yellow lenses covering extra lights riding low on the bikes. They were hi-vis in color. It got me to thinking about adding something like this over my fog lights. Any thoughts on what to use? They sure were visible.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Krauts have been using yellow fogs for decades. Bosch...
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

If I recall correctly, yellow light also works better in fog and rain. Since fog is water, it reflects blue light (which is why water looks blue). That light reflecting back means it is not penetrating...actually makes the fog appear thicker since it's reflecting off the surface. Yellow light passes through better without reflection. That's why some German manufacturers like it for fog lamps. Looks like electricalconnection.com had a yellow lens for our bikes at some point. I don't see it on their site now, but they do have aftermarket yellow fog lamps for other bikes...maybe they can help?

Oddly, the latest trend in headlamps is "super white" which often has a blue tinge...which works great in dry weather, but not so much in the wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Krauts have been using yellow fogs for decades. Bosch...

Cibie were all the rage in the 70's too. What's old is new again..
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!