Added a 2019 Tour DCT to my now fleet of 3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Added a 2019 Tour DCT to my now fleet of 3

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Some people sure have plenty of extra cash to spend on "toys"...I am not one of them or otherwise I might join you....Nice bike and I hope you enjoy it...Regards
    Well, can't take it with you. Never know when. Just lost a friend on Thursday at 50 years old. I'll be working for the forseeable future and a new Wing is waaayyy cheaper than a drug addiction. All good justifications.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    SO...when do we get the "Jimmytee Review" of the new Wing??????
    It's freaking awesome.

Got my first days ride on it today. In fact, loaned my F6B to my buddy who had to put his Harley in the shop yesterday. I can tell you that whole clutch and shifting thing is over rated.

Really , so far am elated. It's a different feel than my F6B for some obvious reasons . Some of that is due to the Corbin seat on my F6B which is firm but has me more in a pocket, which I like. The stock seat on the new Wing provided me no discomfort today, but it does feel more like sitting on the bike than "in the bike" like the Corbin on my B. I'm waiting to get a driver's backrest until I decide if the stock seat will be a keeper.

I got the Rivco highway pegs for the bike. The jury is still out on those. I really want to like them, and will try moving them back to see if that makes them better. I feel like my feet want to slide off them. I really think this is due to the Rivco pegs being pretty much at a 90 degree or close angle relationally to the cylinder heads.I'm used to the Ergo IIIs on my B that have larger pegs and are angled back more. We will see.

As far as the ride, the DCT is silky smooth. Seems pretty intuitive to how I am riding. I really never felt I wanted to shift it manually.
    The walking forward and reverse functions are a really nice feature.
    I also enjoy having all the tech merged together. I used the Navigation today only for identifying roads near me. Haven't actually used it for navigation yet. I've heard complaints that the stock sound system is sub par. I actually don't know where the complaints are coming from. As you know Steve, my F6B has a great all aftermarket sound system. I can hinestly say, I never really felt wanting today. I listened to SXM radio all day. When my buddy would pull up next to me on my B, it was obvious the difference in sound quality, but besides that, I could clearly hear the stereo at 75-80 mph.

I have a lot more to experience. I got to figure out how to pair my headset to the bike and there are surely some other features to experience.
    A funny experience earlier today. I was rolling down the I state with a group to Bowling Green. I hadn't yet learned about the TPMS and I noticed what I thought was one of my tires being at 32.5 psi. Actually looked like 325, just figured I was having a hard time seeing the decimal. Now I was worried I was losing air pressure. As soon as I we got off the interstate, I went to the nearest gas station with an air pump ,then realized it was set for kpa. I changed it to psi.

That is one fine looking bike. If I ever switch, it will be for the Goldwing DCT.
    Hope you enjoy your new toy for many miles to come.

Thank you, good sir!
    I rode the DCT a few times at Daytona - was really impressed in Sport mode, but not quite as amused in the other 3.
    But the shifting - yeah - damn. Silky smooth!
    Ride in good health, my friend!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Well, can't take it with you. Never know when. Just lost a friend on Thursday at 50 years old. I'll be working for the forseeable future and a new Wing is waaayyy cheaper than a drug addiction. All good justifications.
    From Social Distortion's "Can't Take It With You":

I'll tell you something, baby, that's a fact
    Never see a hearse with a luggage rack
    All your money, your hard earned pay
    It don't mean shit, babe, at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    From Social Distortion's "Can't Take It With You":

I'll tell you something, baby, that's a fact
    Never see a hearse with a luggage rack
    All your money, your hard earned pay
    It don't mean shit, babe, at the end of the day

Any differences between 2018 and 2019 ??

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Any differences between 2018 and 2019 ??
    Black vs white is a available as a color option and you get 2 key fobs with the 19s only 1 with the 18s.

Sweet bike,good on you.Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    Sweet bike,good on you.Enjoy
    Thanks.