Added a 2019 Tour DCT to my now fleet of 3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Added a 2019 Tour DCT to my now fleet of 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Black vs white is a available as a color option and you get 2 key fobs with the 19s only 1 with the 18s.
    Thanks Jimmytee.

First Congratulations !And thye have them in black YAY ! Then thanx for the read out on the experience so far. I have this question,in Parking lot maneuvers or u-turns type moving,how do you control the bike? I am comparing using the clutch and rear brake method to do it to a bike that has no clutch to feather as you make the maneuver. Appreciate your answer...

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    First Congratulations !And thye have them in black YAY ! Then thanx for the read out on the experience so far. I have this question,in Parking lot maneuvers or u-turns type moving,how do you control the bike? I am comparing using the clutch and rear brake method to do it to a bike that has no clutch to feather as you make the maneuver. Appreciate your answer...
    With the DCT, I find slow maneuvers are easy peasy. Really I think this bike ,IMO, is better at slow speed maneuvers. I feel totally in control. I also think this bike's turn radius is a little tighter than my F6B. And then there is the forward and reverse walking speed . Never would've thought a feature would be so handy. I don't generally have too much issue manually maneuvering my F6B or my Valkyrie, but everyone knows sometimes this can be a chore with any tye of incline or just the mass of these bikes. With the forward and reverse walking speeds , this takes all the work out of it.
    Last edited by Jimmytee; 08-23-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Hey, my friend. Congrats for buying that new Wing! Soooo jealous.
    I've been reading your posts here and in the FB group, stalking you. lol

I'm very curious to know your opinion of the maneuvering and handling of the new Wing as compared to your F6B... especially in the sport mode.
    By that I mean, this Wing, with the trunk... how does it handle and behave in the twisties vs the F6B? I know how much you love to run the curvy roads... do you feel the trunk is any sort of detriment to the performance? Did you consider the non-Tour option before you bought this model? Do you think you made the right decision?

i know... so many questions! Ha! But once-upon-a-time I had a full on Aspencade... and never really got comfortable with the bike, partly because of the higher center of gravity. Do you feel that at all with this reboot?

Thanks! Keep riding safe!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Hey, my friend. Congrats for buying that new Wing! Soooo jealous.
    I've been reading your posts here and in the FB group, stalking you. lol

I'm very curious to know your opinion of the maneuvering and handling of the new Wing as compared to your F6B... especially in the sport mode.
    By that I mean, this Wing, with the trunk... how does it handle and behave in the twisties vs the F6B? I know how much you love to run the curvy roads... do you feel the trunk is any sort of detriment to the performance? Did you consider the non-Tour option before you bought this model? Do you think you made the right decision?

i know... so many questions! Ha! But once-upon-a-time I had a full on Aspencade... and never really got comfortable with the bike, partly because of the higher center of gravity. Do you feel that at all with this reboot?

Thanks! Keep riding safe!
    Hey brother, Patti and I miss you. Hope it's not too long before we can hang out again. The bike handles very nice and predictably. I think it feels a little better balanced at slow speeds. I think a lot of that is the front end and the further forward position of the engine. To be honest, I've had it on some twisty roads, but just not to the degree I've ridden the F6B yet. I really don't notice the weight of the trunk though and it hasn't taken me long to really appreciate the convenience of it. The new bike handles very nice in the twisties. Not sure about the weight differences between the 2, but with my extra audio equipment and air ride, I'm sure the new bike is probably lighter even with the trunk. I know they're somewhere around 100 lbs lighter than the previous full wings. I have quite a few $ in the F6B making it mine and it is set up perfectly for me. I am still working on that with the new bike. The stock seat on the new bike stinks and will be changed . Just trying to decide which way I want to go. Really think I'd like to try a RDL, but sending in the seat and waiting on it to come back is a drag. Will have to push it off until late fall or winter. Tempted to get a Corbin. That's what I have on the F6B and works pretty well for me.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"