Which Bluetooth option the best?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Bluetooth option the best?

Question Which Bluetooth option the best?

So which is better blutooth solution:
    A) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAh5tGnJXDI
    35$: https://electricalconnection.com/ind...bluetooth-aux/
    Would also add I think this: https://electricalconnection.com/ind...audio-devices/
    $25
    Total $60
    For above option i'm not sure its going to be loud enough based on what they guy in option B below says.....

Is this one going to do what this guy says here:
    B) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTlof-fr1w8
    4 items total cost of: $60 :
    • bluetooth adapter
    • AMP
    • ground loop noise isolator
    • Maxboost car charger

For above option there is no way to also plug in your phone to usb because the amp and bluetooth device take both ports. Plus all that stuff will make my glove box kinda useless for stuff'''???

ALSO.. If you run either one of these what do you do if you want to press your AUX button and have the music stored on your USB drive attached in the left saddle bag to work?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

-Mac

Interesting videos. I'll be following to see which way is best for users on this forum before I buy one.

To be clear...Both options give you a Bluetooth "INPUT" into the Goldwings existing audio system and speakers using the AUX 3.5 audio connector in the glovebox.

The "Block Diagram" description is...A Bluetooth enabled phone will send an audio stream to the Bluetooth enabled receiver in both options A & B. The Bluetooth receiver then sends the audio through the connected AUX 3.5 audio connector to the Goldwing audio system to be played through the speakers or connected headset.

Quote Originally Posted by Macs_F6B View Post
    So which is better blutooth solution:
    A)... For above option i'm not sure its going to be loud enough based on what they guy in option B below says.....
    I'm gonna say option a will be the same or lower in volume than just plugging your phone in on the 3.5 AUX plug. The Electrical Connection Bluetooth Receiver shouldn't amplify, just create a wireless Bluetooth connection on the AUX 3.5 audio input.

The Neoteck will amplify the audio signal coming out of the Bluetooth receiver, BEFORE the audio is sent to the AUX 3.5 audio connector, then on the Goldwing audio system.

Is this one going to do what this guy says here:
    B)... For above option there is no way to also plug in your phone to usb because the amp and bluetooth device take both ports. Plus all that stuff will make my glove box kinda useless for stuff'''???
    You could just COMBINE both A & B options into one and test it in steps. The USB Bluetooth adapter in option B "COULD" be replaced by the Electrical Connection Bluetooth Receiver, which allows you to easily move it BELOW the left side pocket and opens up a USB power connector. Get the Electrical Connection Bluetooth Receiver to start with and see how loud it is. Then purchase the Neoteck AMP if you need more volume. My electronic experience tells me the AMP may overdrive the aux 3.5 input and be more of a problem in the long run. I Do recommend leaving the AMP accessible in the left pocket so you can adjust the Volume knob if your phones MP3 streaming is louder than Internet radio streaming.

ALSO.. If you run either one of these what do you do if you want to press your AUX button and have the music stored on your USB drive attached in the left saddle bag to work?
    You will be able to change to FM1, FM2, AM, and USB just like always.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 08-07-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

If anyone finds a simple Bluetooth TRANSMITTER that can be connected to the headset wire/connector, please let me know. I'm okay with leaving my phone plugged into the AUX 3.5 audio INPUT plug but would like to Bluetooth the OUTPUT to my helmet speaker system.

I should get the louder J&M Speakers in the mail this Friday, and installed Saturday, so I can hear music above 65MPH.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 08-07-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Just for info. If you are planning on adding a GPS unit soon be aware that some units have Bluetooth built in.

08496E86-8277-459D-846B-B60405197E86.jpeg

I’ve got a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter plugged into the DIN jack. I use it so I can control everything from the bike controls and send it to my Sena 20S. TAO Tronics. It works great! I bought something from electrical connections thinking it would do the same but it is only a receiver. I cut the wiring and power the Tao tronics one using the connectors from the other one. It is always powered when bike key is on.
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 08-07-2019 at 11:43 PM.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I plug a bluetooth receiver ($8.00) into the saddlebag USB. I put my Iphone in the left front cubbyhole with Pandora playing on the phone thru bluetooth. Using the AUX setting on the radio I can use the handlebar volume and skip switches on the handlebars.
    Here is the USB Bluetooth Receiver that I use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SATN9J2/ref=dp_prsubs_1

They get their power from the USB plug in the saddlebag.
    I can also charge the phone in the front cubby while still using bluetooth for tunes.

Has been working for years now

Mine is a hbit pricy,
    I use a sena 20s and a Sena sm 10 bluetooth trasmitter.
    The sena sm10 has my headset jack and GPS plugged into it.
    This allows me to hear music annd the GPS cuts out music and gives directions.
    Also can make and receive phone calls.

I went with electical connections for mine. It works fine, no issues with it so far.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

I tried a cheap Best Buy blue tooth transmitter for a basic single signal it worked but not well. I went with a sena 20 and a freewire. I am very pleased with it. You can use both sides of your aux imput, am, fm, phone, gps on phone, i also have a zumo, satelite radio, plus wireless intercom with my wife on her bike. Yes a sena system cost a little more but it is best thing i have ever had a bike.