In helmet audio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In helmet audio

In helmet audio

I’ve been tossing around the idea of either the honda plug in helmet kit or a wireless Sena style helmet set up for listening to music. I’m curious if anyone has tried both and can provide guidance as to the pros and cons. Which has the better sound quality and usefulness for the price.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

If you have a honda headset your good. The Sena head set doesn’t do music
    Vert well.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I use the sena with a set of Ultimate Ears IEMs plugged into the 3.5 jack on the Sena. Bluetooth transmitter on the DIN and life is great. There is no upgrade that can be done to the bike that could sound better!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I’ve been riding with a Sena 10s playing music on every type of bike imaginable for close to 5 years. Amazing product imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I use the sena with a set of Ultimate Ears IEMs plugged into the 3.5 jack on the Sena. Bluetooth transmitter on the DIN and life is great. There is no upgrade that can be done to the bike that could sound better!
    Ultimate Ears a very nice and big $$$ but I would agree that the sound would be amazing.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

I have to ask because I'm not sure the answer. I have a Bluetooth connection from Electical Connections. That allows me to send music via Bluetooth on my phone to my stereo on the bike to be played thru the speakers.

So, question is, can that Bluetooth on my bike send the stereo music and intercom wirelessly to my helmet/Sena from the bike??

I also have a Bluetooth on my Garmin GPS but I've never tried it. I'm usually very interested in techy/electronic kind of stuff so my knowledge is lacking in this area.

What I use is a bit pricy,
    1 Sena sm 10 plugged into headset jack with 3.5 to 5 pin din.
    2 Sena 20s headset
    3 Garmin zumo 396.
    With this setup I can listen to any sorce on bike.
    I can listen to music on phone, also make and receive calls.
    When gps gives directions it will cut off music and give directions.

If you want to go with the plug in wire system let me know I have 2 J&M wired headset systems and I would sell one. It works and sounds great but you have to unplug every time to get off the bike.
    Make an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by StoichSix View Post
    Ultimate Ears a very nice and big $$$ but I would agree that the sound would be amazing.
    I already had them for studio/gig use. Added the Bluetooth harness. Never looking back!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I've been following this thread and getting responses from Switchmonkey on another tread about connecting a Bluetooth transmitter to the DIN plug output, to Bluetooth to a wireless helmet headset. I've used Bluetooth receivers in helmets and always seem to forget to charge them and I'm not excited with the idea of being tethered to the DIN plug. I ride by myself so I don't need to talk to passenger and I DON'T want to take calls on the phone. I only want to hear my "USB" music.

A week ago I upgraded the stock speakers to J&M Performance XT Fairing Speaker and can hear music better at 65+ MPH. In Texas we have 75 and 80 MPH limits and I'm heading out west next weekend. By Monday I'll know if they work for my ears or not.

If necessary, I think my next step would be to change my 11" Baggershield to the adjustable 11"-19" Baggershield. The extra height should cut the wind noise at 70+MPH.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.