In helmet audio - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In helmet audio

I don't like anything blasting loudly or softly into my ears while I'm riding. I find it very distracting..... Just give me the enjoyment of the ride. To me, it's all about the riding experience, not what's going on in my ear...………………...just not my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I don't like anything blasting loudly or softly into my ears while I'm riding. I find it very distracting..... Just give me the enjoyment of the ride. To me, it's all about the riding experience, not what's going on in my ear...………………...just not my bag.
    Dont think your reply wiil add to the gentlemans question .

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Dont think your reply wiil add to the gentlemans question .
    I like opinions that vary. If you don't listen to music at all, then you don't have to try and figure out which option is better or worse than the other. The problem simply resolves itself naturally if you will!

But seriously, just curious if there was a consensus for one side or the other of the original question. If many said, the Bluetooth is soooo much better and here's why, then I'd probably go with that. Or for instance if the consensus was that you get significantly better sound quality with the OEM Honda attachment with the cord than I'd probably give that a shot. I definitely don't like having to be tethered to the bike with a cord that's for certain. I had an in store demo at a dealership a few days ago with a Sena 20. I was not impressed at all with the sound quality and it wasn't very loud. Granted my hearing is shot too. I did like the option of connecting to other riders and listening to music. I would like to send the sound from my radio to a headset and be able to control my music and volumes off the bikes system. My bike has a Bluetooth audio connector but it's an input only, not an output. I would have to connect something to the DIN plug for output.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

Ok, so where do you get the connectors to run a Bluetooth out of the DIN connector to a Sena in the helmet??? I think that is route I'd like to go.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by StoichSix View Post
    Ok, so where do you get the connectors to run a Bluetooth out of the DIN connector to a Sena in the helmet??? I think that is route I'd like to go.
    Got mine through Amazon and then you can just Google the adapter for Goldwing din to 3.5 and you will find plenty.
    Electrical connection has them and a lot of the bike parts people have them.

Take a look at this other post for some suggestions.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I have the Sena10 head set and listen to music while I ride. I have Serius XM hooked into the F6B audio system so that I can listen to 60's and 70's tunes. What I found is that the Sena helmet speakers were not close enough to my ears, because of the helmet padding, so I get some double sided 1/4 inch thick material and cut it to fit and attached it behind my helmet speakers. It made a big difference and now I use much less volume and get better quality sound.

Not sure why folks get all excited about 'sound quality' on an open-air vehicle. Unless you're running in-ear buds, you're going to get some outside noise. Road noise, engine noise, wind noise, and if you're riding with HD's, exhaust noise. I don't care what sort of windshield you've got, you're getting noise. Frankly, the difference in what a bluetooth receiver gets you and a plug is academic and have other pros/cons (the tethering vice battery life concern, for one). Don't forget that using ear buds in both ears while driving is illegal in many states.

My solution? I use a Shuberth helmet with integrated bluetooth receiver and speakers + a set of "Earpeace" ear plugs. The ear plugs remove all the extra 'noise', allowing the music to come through (from my Garmin, I hate phones). My helmet has a removable battery (about the size of a small box of matches) that gets 9-10 hours of play/charge. I've got a spare and I just swap them out if needs be (takes 15 seconds). This past year I did the American Legion National Legacy Ride over the course of 5 days, averaging 6-8 hours saddle time each day. Never did I run out of battery. If I ever had the time/inclination to run Iron-Butt, I'd throw the charger in my cubby and charge the spare while riding.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I use a Sena 20 on my bikes. Also have bikes wired in with a Sena Free wire set up. I can route pretty much anything into my helmet. Sound quality is much better that the corded systems, plus with cords I seem to have to replace cords every year or so. I have a F6B and full wing and Sena wired up to free wire on both. On full wing I have am/fm, weather band, telephone and everything extra it will do, Sirius radio, CB radio, a MP3 player, aux stick in saddle bag on B in the trunk on wing, and my Zumo 660. Plus bike to bike intercom for me and wife and can pair up to anyone traveling with us with a Sena. F6B has everything but the CB radio. Battery life is 8 to 10 hours plus I have bike wired so I can charge on the go if needed. I am very happy with the Sena 20

wondering if you got this working? I am looking at this as I have the electrical connection bluetooth and just got a sena 50s.