Rivco, Ergo II or Ergo III

Thread: Rivco, Ergo II or Ergo III

Rivco, Ergo II or Ergo III

I just bought my first F6B and due knee issues, highway pegs are a must. I've read reviews on all 3 and I'm thinking I want to stay away from the Rivco due to broken valve covers. Out of the Ergo's what do you all recommend?

Ergo III, lots of adjustment, anyway & everyway you could ever want them.
    Rivco look really, really great. But I don't think you can move them to customize fit your legs & style of riding. I've heard of folks dropping their B & the Rivco pegs breaking the cast valve cover. Serious $$$. Moving your feet / legs is a must on a long ride. Both are costly. Dat's my 2 cents worth.

I initially had the ergo III but I couldn't move them far enough forward. I'm only 5'9 with a 30" inseam but like my legs fully extended (no knee bend). I could place the ergo II far enough forward to fit my need.

Rivcos do look nice, and I have a riding buddy with them on his F6b, so I've tried them. For ME, they are not comfortable to use. On my F6b, I have Ergo IIIs.

JGF6B - Interesting point. I've never tried to run mine very far forward, so I've never felt like they're too long. Mine do have multiple holes in the arms to change length.

I keep them adjusted so that if I set my heel on my pegs, my toes are on the Ergos. That way I can ride 1) just on pegs, 2) tip of heel on peg, toes on ergo 3) just on ergo, or 4) achilles on top of ergo for full-stretch. Those small changes seem to help stave off discomfort. Of course, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualsporter View Post
    I just bought my first F6B and due knee issues, highway pegs are a must. I've read reviews on all 3 and I'm thinking I want to stay away from the Rivco due to broken valve covers. Out of the Ergo's what do you all recommend?
    The current Rivcos have a relief cut into them; to make the peg snap before damage is done.

I find it amusing that one guy says "Ergo III, lots of adjustment, anyway & everyway you could ever want them." And another says " I initially had the ergo III but I couldn't move them far enough forward."

Seems like the ergo III arms slide in, out & rotate 360 degrees (like a crank handle), the pegs can be rotated for foot comfort.... hope that clears it up

https://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-3990.../dp/B00E1ZRQL6

Vs

https://wingstuff.com/products/35211...fit-f6b-gl1800

View the images.
    No arms on II means further forward than III.
    Arms on III are telescopic so the forward position is further back than on II.

It depends on what you're after. If you want fully extended legs then you probably want II.

Thank you all for the replies. I'm going with the Ergo 3's