Bike Shut off while riding. Oil light

Thread: Bike Shut off while riding. Oil light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Agree with SeaSteve. Based on that description, I would not be concerned about oil pressure. The system is behaving as designed. It sounds like you also now know why she would not start (sidestand).

The only thing left is why it stopped originally. Agree on checking battery, but I would not expect it to "heal itself" and restart. Given that you are still getting used to your new-to-you bike, is it possible that you accidentally booted the kickstand while riding at 40mph?

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Agree with SeaSteve. Based on that description, I would not be concerned about oil pressure. The system is behaving as designed. It sounds like you also now know why she would not start (sidestand).

The only thing left is why it stopped originally. Agree on checking battery, but I would not expect it to "heal itself" and restart. Given that you are still getting used to your new-to-you bike, is it possible that you accidentally booted the kickstand while riding at 40mph?
    Sincerely thank you to all that replied. I’m new to the wing and I know forums Are a great place to find friendly help.

I don’t think I bumped the kickstand. My foot was resting firmly on the floorboard and I remember putting the kickstand down when stopped. The Bike ran great to and from work today. I’ll tighten up the battery terminals and hope for the best. I’ll be bringing it in the shop the end of fall, I can ask them to see if it threw a code.