Bike Shut off while riding. Oil light - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike Shut off while riding. Oil light

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Apologies, SeaSteve.
    I so wish we could "like" posts on this forum. I would have done that to your post AND still posted what I did. Shorthand for saying, you'r not stepping on my toes I just think the battery change is the original cause.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Agree with SeaSteve. Based on that description, I would not be concerned about oil pressure. The system is behaving as designed. It sounds like you also now know why she would not start (sidestand).

The only thing left is why it stopped originally. Agree on checking battery, but I would not expect it to "heal itself" and restart. Given that you are still getting used to your new-to-you bike, is it possible that you accidentally booted the kickstand while riding at 40mph?
    Sincerely thank you to all that replied. I’m new to the wing and I know forums Are a great place to find friendly help.

I don’t think I bumped the kickstand. My foot was resting firmly on the floorboard and I remember putting the kickstand down when stopped. The Bike ran great to and from work today. I’ll tighten up the battery terminals and hope for the best. I’ll be bringing it in the shop the end of fall, I can ask them to see if it threw a code.

If it happens again I would lean towards the crank position sensor . I seem to remember a few early F6Bs and 12 up Wings that had crank position sensor failures. Any one remember what the code was?

Sorcerer - For the MIL blink codes? Looks like 18 for camshaft sensor, 19 for ignition pulse sensor.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 8.56.14 AM.jpg

Did the bike sit for a long period of time before you bought it? I’ve never had this problem with my wing but my 2008 Boulevard would stall while decelerating. Turns out I wasn’t riding much and the ethanol gas began to break down and I had water in my tank. Now I always make sure to use non-ethanol gas with a stabilizer when I store the bike for the winter or when I know it’s going to sit for long periods of time.
    Good luck and ride safe!

Crank sensor should throw a 19 flashes code (1 long flash = 10 + 9 shorts =19). It was hard to start a few times, turn the key off, back on, it would start. I finally spotted the code after a few times & got it fixed, no problem since. Be sure to look for the amber flashing code light. There's a thread on here as to how to read the codes..... I love these computers, they're so much smarter than I am ..LOL

Please refer to this thread for more information!
    There are 2 sensors and the 6 injectors, any of which can shut the engine down in order to save the motor...

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...d-the-no-start

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by 53driver; 08-20-2019 at 07:31 PM.