F6B Control Lighting

Thread: F6B Control Lighting

F6B Control Lighting

I typically don't ride at night due to visibility and most streets don't have lights in NH, but this past weekend I rode at night and noticed handlebar and some dash items are not illuminated. Do you guys use any kind of mini LED strips or something to light things up so you can see what your pressing? Most of you are probably use to your bikes and don't need it but I was thinking of adding something small.

It took awhile to get the feel for where the controls are, I remember wanting to set the cruise speed and several times hitting the starter. Half of my riding time is at night so knowing where the buttons are has become second nature to me, I'm sure it will be the same for you as well.

I ride home every night after midnight, 35 miles. You will get used to them, but if you would want something on your dash, I installed these in my radiator fins on the side of mine. The only problem I would see is that it might create too much of a glare. I know if I don't turn my phone down to minimum screen brightness it becomes very distracting sitting on my handle bar. But here is a link to some good led light strips that are very easy to install:
    https://www.cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail...s/319287/64967

Some owners have bought the GoldWing kit and installed the OEM button lighting behind each of the buttons.
    Sounded too intense for my needs, but it is an option!

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks everyone, until I'm used to the buttons, i'm going to try the led strip tpwood posted and the back light board 53driver posted, see which one I like better.

Quote Originally Posted by MRB68 View Post
    Most of you are probably use to your bikes and don't need it but I was thinking of adding something small.
    Thinking way outside the crate here but you might consider luminescent nail polish or tape applied in small amounts on or next to what you want to focus on. You can apply or remove as desired.

I have a cluster of keys and apply my wife's nail polish in small dabs to help me identify by color certain keys at a glance.
    Last edited by unsub; 08-22-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

"Thinking way outside the crate here but you might consider luminescent nail polish"

Would you do both hands?

That goes without saying!
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!