Windshield replacement questions.

Thread: Windshield replacement questions.

Windshield replacement questions.

I've searched for how to information on windshield replacement. I found a youtube video for the non f6b gold wing, is the procedure the same? Fold mirrors back to access the 10mm bolts, remove bolts and tilt front faring forward to gain access to the windshield mounting bolts?

Pretty much, yeah.
    We don't have the electrics that the Wing has, so it's simpler once you get the fairing off.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Once you fold the mirrors forward stuff rags into the void below the mirrors before removing the bolts holding the mirrors. If you drop the bolts into that void they tend to disappear forever. Some of us learned that lesson the hard way.

Good luck
    Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    Once you fold the mirrors forward stuff rags into the void below the mirrors before removing the bolts holding the mirrors. If you drop the bolts into that void they tend to disappear forever. Some of us learned that lesson the hard way.

Good luck
    Az Wingrider
    Great advice

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post

Good luck
    Az Wingrider
    I got very lucky, ONCE, when I didn't stuff a rag there. The bolt actually worked its way down and came out on top of the valve cover!! woohoo!! I shoulda bought a lottery ticket that day.

I've had mine off so many times, getting ready to take it off again to run a new GPS cable from my dash to the glove box. x2 on the rag or I just use paper towels and stuff them in there. Once you take those 2 10mm bolts out just pop the edges out from the rubber grommet on each side and pull forward. The whole front piece will come off easily and your windshield bolts are right there. I think they are 8mm and there are 3 of them. I installed a M*dstad windshield on mine and ran a piece of weatherstrip with a sticky side on the bottom lip of my windshield and then I run my power cable and an accessory power wire for my USB port through there to my side cubby and plug them in.

While you have the nose off you might want to Velcro your ez-pass to it. Keeps it out of sight and works fine.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado