Honda Disappointment - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda Disappointment

I have had no major issues of any kind in almost 6 years of riding my 2013 F6B...I am upgrading the forks and steering head bearings this next week due to a small part-time leak in the right fork seal which is not leaking anymore since I used the SealMate tool a few weeks ago...Sorry the Fuzz is not happy with his bike and I most likely would be a little upset also...But to say Honda's reputation is "fake" is not fair or correct....I have had over 20 bikes in my riding days, of many different brands, and not ONE of the Honda bikes ever went back to the dealer for any reason....Just my personal opinion, I am most likely done riding as I approach 80 years of age soon, but I would not buy any other brand but Honda.....Regards
    Last edited by opas ride; 08-24-2019 at 09:46 AM.

OK...after a couple stiff drinks, I've calmed down about my situation. I am definitely going to call Honda and try to work with my dealer to get some resolution. Thank you all for the replies and suggestions. Sorry, if I offended anyone during my rant. Goes to show you should never type angry! ��

Its All Good. Been there, Done that.
    ITS ALL GOOD

35,000 on my 13 when it was turned to scrap. 47,000 on my 14. Only thing out of the ordinary was the break recall on the 13. The recall on my 14 was done before I brought it. My 14 does have some oil stains on the rear end. I’m not sure at this time if it’s a bad o-ring on the fill cap or a leak in the rear end. I’ve got till 5/2021 to deal with it. If I were you I’d push your warranty claim as far as you can. There were some reports of incorrectly torqued steering head bearings from the factory. Chase your claim up the chain.

Ask the dealer to contact the local Honda rep to see if Honda will pay the tab...…...the worst he can say is no. You've got nothing to lose.

What explanation did they provide for refusing to pay? I posted awhile ago about the same problem, slight clunking when turning the bars to the extreme limits either side. 40k on my 2013. I have the extended warranty. I don't deal with my local dealer because when I was looking for an extended warranty they sat me down tried to sell me a private extended warranty for $1k and repeatedly told me it was a Honda warranty. When I pointed out I wasn't stupid they changed their tune. It is my busy time of the year so I haven't dealt with it except for having it checked out by a local sport bike/Ducati shop I trust. They told it was safe to ride but I should get it in and switch to better bearings. There is a dealership 30 miles from me, I'm going to take it there and see if Honda will cover it. The mechanic I had check it out did say it's a shame that Honda put such crappy bearings in such an otherwise great bike!

They told me that the bearings are not covered because they are considered wearable parts.

Opas, who is doing your work. I have 67000 miles and would like to upgrade but every dealer I talked to has never installed mono tubes. It would be nice to use someone who has a little experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver1 View Post
    Opas, who is doing your work. I have 67000 miles and would like to upgrade but every dealer I talked to has never installed mono tubes. It would be nice to use someone who has a little experience.
    Sent you a PM with the information...Regards

My steering was loose and would make a knock sound over sharp bumps. Tightened them up and all is good. If I hadn't, maybe the bearings would be toast by now.

Bearings may be a wear item. But, if they are bad in 13,000 miles, it sounds like a failure, not normal wear.
    Albuquerque, NM