Honda Disappointment - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda Disappointment

Great news everybody! My dealer called me today and said that Honda agreed to fix my bearings under factory warranty. The service manager made it sound like there may be a recall coming out although he didn't say those exact words. Nevertheless, Honda is standing behind their product!

Glad to hear it!

Again, I'd spring for AllBalls tapered bearings....

Glad to hear that they are fixing you up, Fuzz.

By the way, no offense taken at all, sir.

If my dealer told me steering head bearings were not covered under the factory warranty I'd be looking for another dealer ASAP.

Its like and mechanical device, some are great and some are bad... thats why I never drive or ride with out a warranty.

I had bearing trouble also. That bike got crashed, so no repairs were done. I’m sure this one I have will do the same. I blame,our bad roads. As I ride, I cuss my state every time. I’m just waiting for that clunk over bumps. I’m at just over 10k right now.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I had the front forks and steering head work done last week..Traxxion fork springs kit, AllBalls steering head bearings and related seals, oils, etc...I am happy so far as the bike is much smoother over bumps, seems to handle a lot better and the dead feeling in the bars is much improved..Well worth the money and I should have done this up-grade a long time ago......Regards and ride safe

I had AllBalls and Progressive Monotubes put in. Cheaper by far than Traxxion, but a noticeable and vast improvement!
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    I had AllBalls and Progressive Monotubes put in. Cheaper by far than Traxxion, but a noticeable and vast improvement!
    I did not put in the Traxxion AK-20 tubes which are about $1,000..The fork springs etc. are about $125 plus necessary oils, seals, etc...Labor is obviously the biggest charge when doing the AllBalls deal...So far so good with me...Regards

Update: Dealer picked up my bike this morning at 11:15am. Bike was fixed and back in my driveway by 4:00pm. New bearings and fresh oil. Now I'm all ready for my Smokey Mountain trip Friday!