Mick-O-Pegs and What's happening to me?

Thread: Mick-O-Pegs and What's happening to me?

Mick-O-Pegs and What's happening to me?

So I went out to enjoy an early morning ride. We had a change of weather over night and this morning it's in the 60s with lower humidity. Waited until the sun was just creeping over the horizon and put on my jacket ,helmet and gloves. Freshly ground and brewed coffee in my tumbler. All things ready. Headed out for a most enjoyable short ride. Have family flying in later today from Nevada and things to do, so this was my chance to get some nice peaceful riding. I recently added a new Goldwing to the stable. After sending back a set of the Rivco Aero pegs that did not work for me, I just got a set of Mick-O-Pegs on the bike I was eager to try out.

I need to make a small adjustment to the left side. It feels a little different than the right, but other than that, the new Mick-O-Pegs are way better, to me, than the Aero pegs were. I really wanted the Aero pegs to work, but I just couldn't find a confortable position with them. The Mick-O-Pegs just let your legs stretch and feel more natural. Only downside is that you will touch down in sharper corners if you keep your feet on them. I'm pretty used to this with the Ergo IIIs on my F6B. If Kuryakyn had a version of the Ergo IIIs for the new Wings , I would've bought them. Kuryakyn has been pretty absent , with only promises of things to come so far for the new Wings.

So "what's happening to me?" I've been asked a few times how the new bike handles compared to my F6B. I always say it handles great, but I really haven't put it through it's paces yet. I've had it on some twisty roads, but I've been on a lot of roads with blind corners and questionable surface debris. Quite frankly, I told my wife, I really find myself quite content to just chill and ride. I've also found myslef looking at Goldwing apparel . My wife and I get a chuckle out of that. Hey you know Wing Ding is next week? What's happening to me? I need some Dairy Queen to ponder this.
    20190824_073951.jpg

20190824_064031.jpg

20190824_074009.jpg

20190824_074011.jpg
    Last edited by Jimmytee; 08-24-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

..but as you state they do the job better..

Is the left one fabricated with slightly different angle to accommodate a toe shifter when it's tucked in maybe? Could that be why it feels a bit different? First I've heard or seen of this brand.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    ..but as you state they do the job better..

Is the left one fabricated with slightly different angle to accommodate a toe shifter when it's tucked in maybe? Could that be why it feels a bit different? First I've heard or seen of this brand.
    No, it's just how I have them positioned. A little adjustment at the mount is multiplied by the time it gets to the peg.Following the instructions, the arm that the pegs mount to are the last thing you put on. Makes it a little bit of an eyeball guessing game whether the left and right are similarly positioned. The mounts mount to the engine guard that is covered normally with a plastic cover. I cut those covers to fill in the void around the mounts and look pretty.

The only difference between the left and right side is length. The left one is shorter because of the cylinder heads offset from each side.

OK, I see. Thank you.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

I rode behind you in the UP a few weeks back when we left Paradise I was just enjoying the way your bike took the corners. I also loved the tail and brake lights Thur the woods you would really see them.
    I'm beginning to see more new Goldwings on the road maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I rode behind you in the UP a few weeks back when we left Paradise I was just enjoying the way your bike took the corners. I also loved the tail and brake lights Thur the woods you would really see them.
    I'm beginning to see more new Goldwings on the road maybe someday.
    Yep, that was a good ride. Hope to repeat that next year. Weather was pretty much perfect and great location.

Jimmytee - as for your question about what’s happening to you, well, same thing happened to me when I went up to a full Wing. I am more interested in just cruising and enjoying the ride than just a few months ago on the F6. I am wondering if part of it is the luxury that surrounds you on a full Wing vs F6. The new Wing is far different than your other Wing, so I wonder if you are just getting used to it as well.

As for Mick-o-Pegs, I looked into them but I was not comfortable with how my feet were placed under and forward of shifter/brake pedal on the model I chose ... not a good set up for safety IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Jimmytee - as for your question about what’s happening to you, well, same thing happened to me when I went up to a full Wing. I am more interested in just cruising and enjoying the ride than just a few months ago on the F6. I am wondering if part of it is the luxury that surrounds you on a full Wing vs F6. The new Wing is far different than your other Wing, so I wonder if you are just getting used to it as well.

As for Mick-o-Pegs, I looked into them but I was not comfortable with how my feet were placed under and forward of shifter/brake pedal on the model I chose ... not a good set up for safety IMO.
    Well I don't have a shifter I went with the Mick-O-Pegs and they are working great for me so far. Much better than the Aero pegs. They will touch down early in sharper corners if I leave my feet on them. Of course with my feet not on them, other things would hit before them. I have yet to scrape anything on the new Wing. Sign of age?... I'll have the new Wing down in the Smokies later this month. We'll see.