Blue Ridge Parkway Trip and Tidbits

Thread: Blue Ridge Parkway Trip and Tidbits

Blue Ridge Parkway Trip and Tidbits

Loaded the F6B on the Auto Train from Sanford Florida to Lorton Virginia on Saturday. Learned that if you have an F6b/Goldwing trike Amtrak now charges you for two bikes. This is due to the trike taking up two spots on the transport carts.

I learned on this trip to stay off the BRP on Sundays, the cagers are looking to kill anything that moves. Had three cars that came halfway into my lane and one that I had to actually leave the road. I like to think it was riding skill that saved me from getting wacked or run off the side of the mountain, but probably just dumb luck. The 2nd day I rode State Road 221 based on a recommendation and it was a great ride and plenty to see and even stop and enjoy. Spent a night in Maggie Valley. First time there and kinda of touristy but ok. The Best Western has rocking chairs outside each room which is kinda cool. After that make the trip back to Florida in and out of the rain bands from the hurricane, but that is why they make rain suits.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

Too bad you didn’t have more time around the Maggie Valley area. On a trike you would have enjoyed the Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Parkway, amongst others. I had one forgettable afternoon on the BRP, but enjoyed it otherwise. It was weekdays, however. Hard to fight Mother Nature. You got back safe, that’s the main thing.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Despite the cagers it was still better than a good day working.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

Forgot to mention that my Angrystad windshield was great during the trip. On the way back to Florida I was cruising at 80 and there was absolutely no buffeting.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant77 View Post
    Forgot to mention that my Angrystad windshield was great during the trip. On the way back to Florida I was cruising at 80 and there was absolutely no buffeting.
    They ARE fine pieces of craftwork, for sure.