2020 F6B Rally - Tail Of The Dragon area - Sept 3rd, 4th and 5th - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2020 F6B Rally - Tail Of The Dragon area - Sept 3rd, 4th and 5th

I’m leaving home Sunday for a 7-10 day trip there and haven’t heard anything negative yet, besides some services still closed that haven’t reopened yet. I have friends there keeping an eye open for me. I’m concerned too. That doesn’t speak for September.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I just spent a few days in Wyoming. Hotels are fine unless you want the free breakfast. Restaurants and bars are not so good. You pretty much need to use fast food or takeout. Admittedly Wyoming is a state with relatively few cases.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Is the Rally still being held? With the Covid 19 crap making a comeback, many states are starting to shut things down again. Hopefully the Rally will go on as planned
    Hopefully N.C. won't shut the motels down. Im still planning to attend, until I hear otherwise.
    Nothing has changed, we can make a final determination in 4-5 weeks. I'm seeing the Virus being brought down to our beaches by Tourists from other states.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Is the Rally still being held? With the Covid 19 crap making a comeback, many states are starting to shut things down again. Hopefully the Rally will go on as planned
    Hopefully N.C. won't shut the motels down. Im still planning to attend, until I hear otherwise.
    Sent you a PM.

I may spin down there for this. Been a long time since I've seen a lot of you. It's all dependent on this COVID thing though... I have a feeling it's going to ramp up again after the summer and if places start shutting down again... well I don't feel like sleeping in a tent in a parking lot down there.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just returned from Asheville NC for a Valkyrie rally and they seem to have the hotel thing
    worked out fairly well.
    They clean the hell out of the rooms and then will not come back into your room
    unless you ask them to.
    Everyone was wearing a mask and I know some have rebelled against this but I am 72 and
    have to look out for myself when it comes to this.
    I know NC has done fairly well with this virus at this point in time.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Current list

Phantom + Better Half (2)
    Buzzard53 (1)
    Coondawg07 (2)
    DickieDeals (1)
    Dualsporter (1)
    F6brit (1)
    F6Pilot (1)
    Fla_rider (1)
    Jimmytee (2)
    Jm21ddd15 (1)
    Navvet (1)
    Outcast (1)
    Python (1)
    Shortleg0521 (1)
    Steeve0080 (1)
    Thunder217 (1)
    Willyf6b (1)
    Youngw1500 (1)
    1911 (1)
    2wheelsforme (1)

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I was thinking, I know that could be dangerous! What if at the rally someone who knows the Nav system could give a class on it? What if someone who might have the software update for Nav or android phones brings it? Wat if some of our sponsors have items they could install on a bike and talk about? Just thinking....
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I'm planning to attend the rally but a friend of mine told that there are 70% chance of the lock down so I'm confused.
    let me know if you have any valid info about the rally and the motels.

I have been following news on this and in touch with some friends in N.C. Things are still unclear. Please let us know if you get any info through any valid source.