2020 F6B Rally - Tail Of The Dragon area - Sept 3rd, 4th and 5th - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2020 F6B Rally - Tail Of The Dragon area - Sept 3rd, 4th and 5th

I can not make this adventure !

Morning chaps
    Just booked room will be arriving Thursday for a hopefully a great weekend with you all

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Looking Good

Since some of you have expressed concerns regarding the Covid-19 Virus... Please bring your own masks.

If you have serious health issues or you are one classified as a High Risk candidate. We encourage that you stay home.

Safety is paramount. Your health is more important.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I’m in at another hotel.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I have been notified by the county health dept that I have been identified as a customer that ate in a restaurant, which had an employee test positive for Covid. I have to be tested and am told to self quarantine for the next 14 days, even tho i have no symptoms. I won't take the risk of possibly carrying the virus and infecting the group. So I will not be attending this year.

For those of you who have never been to this area, the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala tend to become crowded on Saturdays and Sundays. The plan is to enjoy this 120-140 mile loop on Friday. Kickstands up and we all leave the Microtel at 9:00am sharp.

We will have a gas stop along the way, stop at a couple scenic locations, take some group photos, eat lunch somewhere in Tennessee, stop at Deal's Gap for souvenirs and photos, then ride back to the hotel in North Carolina mid afternoon. Ride out for Dinner into Georgia at 5:30pm, arriving at Restaurant at 6:00pm

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

CORRECTION.... Kickstands up and we all leave the Microtel at 8:00am sharp.

With a couple of stops along the way, it will take us approximately 3.5 hours to reach the BBQ restaurant where we will be having lunch. Trying to have our group seated before the 12noon lunch crowd.

The Restaurant has a Friday "Lunch Special" which is 2 slices of Pork tenderloin with gravy, Mash potatoes with Gravy and 1 side dish for $6.95

If this is not what you want, you can always order from their standard BBQ menu.

JM - Can you get tested instead of waiting the 14 days? We travelled in June and we tested when we got back so we knew right away

Motels are open and no issues, restaurants maybe take out...I go for the group and the ride...you just have to make it happen! I'll be there on 8-2-20 late afternoon till Monday staying at the Comfort Inn.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Crashed on my bicycle yesterday and broke the bones in my elbow so won’t be able to make it this year. Hope to meet you guys next year. Ride safe.