Sport touring bike with 25 to 26 inch seat height

Thread: Sport touring bike with 25 to 26 inch seat height

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I’ve been looking for a sport touring bike that has 25 to 26 inch seat height, with 1000cc or more engine size. All touring rigs I see are tall 29 inches and up. The only ones with low seat height are vtwins cruiser type. Ami I missing something?
    About the only thing I can think of that meets your seat height requirement and has decent power is the Indian Scout. The seat is 25.8" from the tarmac. Yes, it's a V-twin cruiser but there are some factory mods that might make it suitable. There is an available "reduced reach" foot control kit, a "reduced reach" handlebar set up, and a "reduced reach" seat. With those mods available and a sport(short)windscreen, maybe you could kinda build a pseudo sport tourer. The Scout has right at 100HP with plenty of torque and doesn't weigh a lot.
    Recently in the American Motorcyclist mag there was a trip report where a guy rode a Scout from Washington State to Virginia for a wedding and then rode it back to Washington. He said he couldn't think of another bike he would prefer for the trip.
    As far as having a v-twin or no v-twin, I don't get the thinking on this. If I like the way a bike rides and looks, I couldn't care less about the engine configuration or if it has 1 or 22 cylinders, as long as it will take me to my destination.

I agree with six2go l00%...The Indian Scout or Indian Bobber is a great bike with a low seat, light weight , plenty of power, and has several options available to make it faster and more rider comfortable...I almost bought one a couple months ago, but as I am nearing 80 years old and my riding days are numbered, I decided to keep my 2013 F6B a while longer as it is a great bike.....Good luck and take a long hard look at the Indian before making any choices.....Regards and ride safe