West "Gathering" - Gauging Interest

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a 2020 West "Gathering"?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

14 32.56%
  • My interest is piqued, tell me more...

27 62.79%
  • Nope!

2 4.65%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: West "Gathering" - Gauging Interest

West "Gathering" - Gauging Interest

Hey, just throwing out an idea for a 2020 event on the west side of the Mississippi. Those of us that made the 2018 Cortez event had a good time, and I'd like to see if there is interest in doing something like that again.

What I'm thinking:

• 3-4 days, open to dates.
    • Colorado, either the southwestern part of the state, like last year, or somewhere around Denver. The Colorado VTX group ran an annual event out of Lakewood, which is a great spot to launch day trips. Just get together, sniff tailpipes, BS, and ride.
    • A decent hotel. The Colorado VTX group stayed at the LaQuinta in Lakewood, which has decent parking, great access to roads leading out of town, and a large indoor area to sit around and BS.

This isn't meant to compete with the 2020 Rally on the east side of the country, but offer an option for those that live a long ways from there, and/or prefer the Rockies to the Smokies.

The floor is open for discussion!

I had to cancel Cortez, but I'm in for a 2020 West "Gathering".

How about Montana or nor Cal?

If it is Colorado again I'm in Denver and don't think having it down here is that great.....I went to Cortez rally it's nice but loop rides get limited by being in southwest corner. Salida is great area central and rides from there are quite easy. Gold wingers did Montrose one year as well. Just throwing it out there. Just 2 cents from a local.
    1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    2004 Gl1800
    2013 f6b
    1994 harley softail

Montrose, CO is a great place. Has some of the best mountain and canyon riding. I suggested Montrose instead of Cortez but wiser minds that do not know the area went with Cortez. I’ve been to Montrose fir several Valkyrie and GoldWing gathering, plus numerous other summers with friends. Frisco area is also good fir hitting the northern stuff, but Montrose is the best fir great Colorado riding.

I ride the Frisco area all the time. . . Oh.. you mean Frisco, CO not Frisco, TX

Heh Heh Heh
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    I ride the Frisco area all the time. . . Oh.. you mean Frisco, CO not Frisco, TX

If anyone wants to put together something out West, just need to have someone in charge and make some plans.
    I would encourage some regional get together s.
    I would expect you would probably get between 10 to 20 people. We had a lot of people last time that said they were interested and were coming but did not show, so the numbers at the actual get together were a lot lower.

WOW!!
    Frisco, CO. Looks gorgeous!
    That would be my vote.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fr...4d-106.0975203

Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    If anyone wants to put together something out West, just need to have someone in charge and make some plans.
    I would encourage some regional get together s.
    I would expect you would probably get between 10 to 20 people. We had a lot of people last time that said they were interested and were coming but did not show, so the numbers at the actual get together were a lot lower.
    Nah, my idea for this is simply a time and a place for B owners to get together on the west side of the Mississippi. It's not meant to compete with the Labor Day event, and won't have raffles, tents, swag, t-shirts, etc... No offense, as I met you in Cortez and you had all the accoutrements, but that kind of stuff takes too much organizing, IMO. If there is enough interest in the poll here, we'll move on to some potential dates/spots, and go from there.

And I know what you mean by people signing up and not showing up; happens all the time. This might just be me and AzWingRider, and that would still be a good time!