Knee issues and riding?

Thread: Knee issues and riding?

Question Knee issues and riding?

About 6 years ago I had an incident that requires major ACL reconstruction along with a meniscus repair. Several months ago I required another surgery for trimming of the meniscus. I now have about 70% of my meniscus left. My surgeon made a comment I will probably need a knee replacement within several years.

Anyone riding with a knee replacement? Or have you been told you should not?

Thanks
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

A good friend of mine had double knee replacement done a couple of years ago and after going through the rehab therapy he was back on his Valkyrie and going strong. You would be surprised how many riders are out there who have had knees replaced. The main thing is to do the therapy and you should be fine.
    I had a left hip replacement last December and when Spring rolled around, I was riding again.
    Good Luck!

I had a complete, right knee replacement on Nov 12/2019...yea about 1 month ago. I rode my F6B today for the first time and it feels good, but still a little stiff. I have not tried mounting any of my fire breathing steeds as they require more of a bending of the knee that it can do right now. I am at 99 deg. bending of knee...I working to get 120 deg. bend.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I had both my knees replace 6 years ago 4 months apart. I was back on my Valkyrie in 8 weeks on each. 12 weeks before I felt I was back to a degree of normal. PT is very important. I have 127 degrees in my right and 117 in my left. Best decision I made.