For those with multiple bikes... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those with multiple bikes...

Like some, all of the bikes I own are different and serve a different purpose.

F6B by far is out of the garage the most. It is the go to for a day of riding.
    KTM 520 EXC dual sport. Probably second most as far as seat time. 95% off road but is street plated. I also have quite a few other dirt bikes.
    Yamaha FZ1 is the speed machine. Has a lot of horsepower mods and runs 10s in the quarter.
    Yamaha XS11. For slow cruise days or car/bike shows. Plated as historic so doesn’t see much street time per year.
    Yamaha DT50. Mostly to hop around the racetrack or campground. Also what I usually use to run to the part store for whatever reason?
    Suzuki GS550 hardtail bobber project. This is back under construction. Bar hopper and bike night bike.

Then comes the collection of bikes in various states of disrepair. Lots of “work in progress” stuff. My wife also has multiple street machines but all of them are similar in style. Honda Rebel, Sportster, and Indian scout.

The bike I regret selling the most was my Valkyrie. Over 100k on the clock. It just didn’t get used once I bought the F6B.
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

Yes I have 2 street bikes .k1600b and indian scout bobber .Totally different rides and both big fun.Traded the f6b cause the wife didn't want the boys fighting over it.l wish it were still here with the other 2.So my advice to you all keep em if you can .

Well, I rode the F6B to Amarillo and parked it in my warehouse where it awaits my visits and hopefully frequent trips to New Mexico/Colorado. The 2018 Goldwing will be my new main ride and the 1200 RT will be there if I need her, unless it sells. I'm ok keeping it as a backup/variety/guest bike, so I have no pressure or timeline for sale. It's such a nice bike, I think it could be one I regret selling if I do, but we shall see what happens.
    Last edited by STRaider; 09-12-2019 at 02:36 AM.

Metric cruiser alternatives. Some nice pics.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/s...r-motorcycles/

Mine is fairly simple, my other ride is a KTM 300 XC-W and is a blast in the woods. Some days I rode both, hitting the woods early and the street in the afternoon.

IMG_3252.jpg

I just sold bike #2. I had a highly modified 2014 VMAX and it was a hoot! Over the last couple of years I just didn’t ride it much. What little time I have to ride, I found that riding with the wife on the back was more important than my occasional “hooligan” ways on the VMAX. The B is the perfect ride for our 2 up excursions!

I'm partial to late 70's & early 80's motorcycles. Here's a few:

IMG_3270.jpgIMG_3207.jpgIMG_3190.jpgIMG_3204.jpg35464682_10212060075085299_8971271591316946944_n.jpg

I may have a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by honda_dog View Post
    I'm partial to late 70's & early 80's motorcycles. Here's a few:

IMG_3270.jpgIMG_3207.jpgIMG_3190.jpgIMG_3204.jpg35464682_10212060075085299_8971271591316946944_n.jpg

I may have a problem....
    Beautiful bikes Honda_dog. How do you keep them in such good looking condition? I have 3 and have a hard time keeping them from rusting and corroding. Maybe it is Florida close to the coast doing it. With those beauties' I'm betting you know how to work on carburetors.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Beautiful bikes Honda_dog. How do you keep them in such good looking condition? I have 3 and have a hard time keeping them from rusting and corroding. Maybe it is Florida close to the coast doing it. With those beauties' I'm betting you know how to work on carburetors.
    Mine are all stored in my garage. The Suzuki Katana actually came from Florida and was covered with surface corrosion when I bought it. It was a chore getting it cleaned up. Yeah, I do a lot of carb work... I try to be proactive with maintenance, but stuff happens. Here's a couple more that are hiding in my garage.

1982 Suzuki GS1100E 1.jpgIMG_3187.jpg

It seems like I have always owned multiple bikes. Right now it my F6B and a 2014 full wing. F6B is sporty local bike, but to go on long trip I prefer the full Wing. I have owned well over 50 bikes in my lifetime. Have sold then regretted doing it. Some of my favorite bikes were Kawasaki Concours I have owned 7 of them. The bike I regret selling the most was my 2000 Valkyrie it was a show stopper. Prettiest bike I ever owned but I just did not ride it enough to keep.