For those with multiple bikes...

Thread: For those with multiple bikes...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Your situation is similar to mine, in that your bikes are all somewhat similar, big cruiser/touring bikes. JM21 has a nice variety and all bikes that are different and for different types of riding. All though my R1200 RT is "different" than the Goldwing, a lot of the features are similar, and to me, the new Goldwing is like a big Sport Touring bike. I've seen it referred to as the ST1800, and I pretty much feel that way about it, which makes it similar to the RT for me. I am pretty sure I would ride the Wing over the RT 99% of the time, so I'm not sure I want to keep the RT, even though it doesn't cost me much to keep it. I have made a decision to take the F6B to my office in Amarillo and leave it there, so when I am on business out that way, I can ride for an evening or leave on a Friday and go to New Mexico or Colorado, and in one weekend I can hit some very nice riding, as opposed to leaving from DFW, where really good riding doesn't exist.
    I get the feeling I'd be one of the many I've heard saying " I wish I hadn't sold that bike" or " I wish I still had that bike"...

On the other hand, I think selling one of the others would help pay for things like doing the Traxxion suspension upgrade on the new Wing.

But then just a couple weeks ago or so, my good friend and regular riding buddy had his HD 16 Ultra in the shop. I offered him up the F6B to ride and he had a good time.
    Last edited by Jimmytee; 09-06-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"