For those with multiple bikes... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those with multiple bikes...

Sometimes I miss my FJR. I think at some point in the future I’ll have another, or another track bike, or a “hyper naked” like my CB 919. When I had two bikes previously, I had a favorite, and it always seemed to get the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    I went from F6B and ninja 300 to f6b and fjr1300 to f6b and f6c to f6b and ninja 1000 to ninja 1000 and R1200RT to only r1200rt! Hooray! Down to one bike!
    But now I'm thinking about adding an adventure bike to the r1200rt.

I think it is a disease.......
    I think you are correct.

Got my F6, for touring and cruising. Have a Yamaha FZ-09 for hot rodding, and a dual-sport, for the dirt. Never any problem, picking my ride. Some days, I ride all three.

Wow! What a problem to worry about! Ha! I have two, my '15 B and my trusty '09 Kawa Vulcan 1700 Classic. When to ride each is pretty easy... Saturday its the Kawa, Sunday it's the B... Sunday morning s usually a ride with the gang to some lunch spot. A nice easy casual ride, tunes playing ( Oldies and Moldies) followed by a solo ride in the afternoon. Saturday is a solo ride all day with usually no destination in mind, unless a new bike model is at some dealer. Boy, I got carried away with this answer! And I still look for another bike like a lighter adventure bike or maybe a naked bike... Then I will have to take Friday's off! ��
    WEG
    It's a disease no question about it!

I’ve only had two bikes at once when I bought a new one and had not sold my old one yet. In both cases, I never rode the old one.

I have had 2-3 snowmobiles in the stable for the past ten years. This is because I have a camp in snowmobile country but we get enough snow here in the rural burbs of Rochester that I can ride trails every other winter or so, which results in keeping one home. I also had a two-up, lower horsepower sled to ride with the wife, and my more performance oriented sled for camp.

Now that I value comfort, convenience and quiet on bikes and sleds, I own two two-ups, both four stroke, and keep both at camp. Ha!

As for bikes, I’d like to have a Bimmer 1200 GS to ride some dirt roads, but I know I would want to take the Wing to get to the dirt road first. Plus the nearest BMW bike dealer is now in Albany, 200 miles away. Why are there so few BMW dealers when I see them all over the place?!?

I have 3, 2015 Wing, 2015 B (D), 2012 Heritage. The Wing is my current long haul and IBA bike. The B was almost sold then I backed out, am setting it up with a "real" seat and clearwater lights to use as another IBA and long haul bike. My Heritage is for sale because I want an FJR, also to be set up as a long haul and IBA bike. I decide to ride one when I walk into the garage if its local or just a day or 2 long ride. Wing has just over 87,300 miles, guess I ride that one the most.

Currently have my 2000 Valkyrie, my 2013 F6B and my 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. Until the 19 Wing, I rode the F6B most, but made a point to ride the Valkyrie. The Valkyrie is a bit more visceral with the 6 into 6 Cobras and such. It just offers a different ride. Now that I have the 19 Wing, just not sure. I may choose to sell the F6B, but both the Valk and the B have quite a bit of time and money invested. Neither of which I could hope to recuop other than in my own enjoyment. The insurance doesn't kill me, so I don't feel pressured to sell. If I get my sub change done in the F6B, it may be my ride this weekend.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Currently have my 2000 Valkyrie, my 2013 F6B and my 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. Until the 19 Wing, I rode the F6B most, but made a point to ride the Valkyrie. The Valkyrie is a bit more visceral with the 6 into 6 Cobras and such. It just offers a different ride. Now that I have the 19 Wing, just not sure. I may choose to sell the F6B, but both the Valk and the B have quite a bit of time and money invested. Neither of which I could hope to recuop other than in my own enjoyment. The insurance doesn't kill me, so I don't feel pressured to sell. If I get my sub change done in the F6B, it may be my ride this weekend.
    Your situation is similar to mine, in that your bikes are all somewhat similar, big cruiser/touring bikes. JM21 has a nice variety and all bikes that are different and for different types of riding. All though my R1200 RT is "different" than the Goldwing, a lot of the features are similar, and to me, the new Goldwing is like a big Sport Touring bike. I've seen it referred to as the ST1800, and I pretty much feel that way about it, which makes it similar to the RT for me. I am pretty sure I would ride the Wing over the RT 99% of the time, so I'm not sure I want to keep the RT, even though it doesn't cost me much to keep it. I have made a decision to take the F6B to my office in Amarillo and leave it there, so when I am on business out that way, I can ride for an evening or leave on a Friday and go to New Mexico or Colorado, and in one weekend I can hit some very nice riding, as opposed to leaving from DFW, where really good riding doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Your situation is similar to mine, in that your bikes are all somewhat similar, big cruiser/touring bikes. JM21 has a nice variety and all bikes that are different and for different types of riding. All though my R1200 RT is "different" than the Goldwing, a lot of the features are similar, and to me, the new Goldwing is like a big Sport Touring bike. I've seen it referred to as the ST1800, and I pretty much feel that way about it, which makes it similar to the RT for me. I am pretty sure I would ride the Wing over the RT 99% of the time, so I'm not sure I want to keep the RT, even though it doesn't cost me much to keep it. I have made a decision to take the F6B to my office in Amarillo and leave it there, so when I am on business out that way, I can ride for an evening or leave on a Friday and go to New Mexico or Colorado, and in one weekend I can hit some very nice riding, as opposed to leaving from DFW, where really good riding doesn't exist.
    I get the feeling I'd be one of the many I've heard saying " I wish I hadn't sold that bike" or " I wish I still had that bike"...

On the other hand, I think selling one of the others would help pay for things like doing the Traxxion suspension upgrade on the new Wing.

But then just a couple weeks ago or so, my good friend and regular riding buddy had his HD 16 Ultra in the shop. I offered him up the F6B to ride and he had a good time.
    Last edited by Jimmytee; 09-06-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I have three bikes I ride, all very different; My 2004 ZX10R is set up purely for the track, and although it is very much "old school", it has been a great bike to learn on. I have the F6B which is my go - to commuter, grocery getter and cafe hopper. My wife accompanies me often and loves it. We've also toured extensively on it. My third bike is a 2007 Aprilia Tuono, which I've had for several years and gets ridden only occasionally. It's a blast for playing hooligan, but I find myself doing less of that these days! I'm looking to perhaps sell it and get a ZX14R, for some solo sport touring with the guys. I've become accustomed to a fairing and the "naked" Tuono leaves you out in the breeze. I also have a project - my 1980 CBX, but I haven't dug into it yet, and the more I think about it, not sure I'll have the time to ever do it. Might just sell it also, and devote time and resources to travel and track days...