Hey guys - as you may know, I replaced my 2013 F6B with 27k on it with a ‘16 full Wing Level 3.

Here’s what I’ve noticed in two months of ownership:

1. The F6B feels faster and handles better.
I’m not sure if it’s just the huge seat cushion that wraps my arse and lower back, and possibly keeps me planted better vs flatter, wider seat on F6B, but the big Wing feels slower.

I’ve also noticed my level of comfort on a sharp turn with a steep tip-in is less with the big Wing ... making the F6 feel more maneuverable and nimble.

2. No one f***s with me on the big Wing.
Seems as though every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted to mess with me on the black F6...either a stoplight race or driving aggressively behind me in turns, playing keep up. That doesn’t happen with the full Wing ... people see it and treat it like it’s the Family Truckster.

3. Rear suspension far better on full Wing.
This actually has caused me to realize how mediocre the front suspension is and considering some sort of upgrade. I keep the preload at 15 (electronic adjustment range is 0-25).

4. RPMs are slightly lower on Full Wing ... 2600 vs 2800 at 60 mph.

5. Full Wing is quieter ... I can hear the intake far more often than the exhaust.

6. Fuel mileage is the same ... pretty solid 42-43 mpg from both bikes over 30k+ miles total

7. Love the trunk ... not sure how I got by without one for many years back to my VStar days.

8. The ‘16 shifter is noticeably better than the ‘13 with the upgrade ... smoother, more precise, no ghost shifting.

————

Both are great bikes, both serve a surprisingly distinctive purpose despite being almost the same bike. Full Wing is more practical and comfortable; F6 more cool and fun.