E4 tires price and mileage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E4 tires price and mileage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E4 tires price and mileage

I just bought new E4 tires for my B.
    I got 15,500 miles on my E4's and the front tire was wore out, back one has some miles left on it.
    I took the tires and rims off the bike to the dealer and the price was $520 for both tires that included mounting, balancing and new valve stems. Luckily for me I bought them on 8-30-19 so I receive a $60 rebate that ended on the 31st.
    The other day I stopped ar a dealer 75 miles away and they wanted $410 for the same tires mounted and balanced no new valve stems and no $60 rebate.
    I show the estimate to the dealer where I bought the tires from and he told me doesn't know how they can sell them that low. He showed me this invoice and he paid $183 for the rear and the second dealer was selling it for around $150. He said he should buy his tires from that dealer (both are Honda dealers)
    After the rebate I ended up paying $460 and I didn't have to drive an hour plus one way to save $50
    So what are others paying for E4's?
    How many miles are your E4's lasting?

My first thought is that the second dealer bought the tires earlier and kept the rebate to cover his mounting costs. His price of $410 is pretty close to the best online prices, so he had to find some way to make a few bucks. After you get your rebate and the valve stems the difference is less than 50 bucks. Personally I wouldn't make a 150 mile round trip for that amount.

The choice is yours, but to me, an extra hour or two ride, is considered "enjoyment" on the F6B. I'm sure you'll figure what's best for you. ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    The choice is yours, but to me, an extra hour or two ride, is considered "enjoyment" on the F6B. I'm sure you'll figure what's best for you. ride safe!
    Agreed, but my understanding was that JackB removed the wheels and would have had to take them to the dealer 75 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Agreed, but my understanding was that JackB removed the wheels and would have had to take them to the dealer 75 miles away.
    Yes that is right I would take my truck that would be about $20 in gas.

Check out the AVON tires. They make a set just for the GW's. Great ride, grip & handle great wet or dry, great mileage. Call the AVON USA 800# talk to their rep for the best info. I got a pair from Dennis Kirk for $299.00 delivered. I use 1oz beads F. & 2oz beads R. Smooth as silk at 100+mph.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Check out the AVON tires. They make a set just for the GW's. Great ride, grip & handle great wet or dry, great mileage. Call the AVON USA 800# talk to their rep for the best info. I got a pair from Dennis Kirk for $299.00 delivered. I use 1oz beads F. & 2oz beads R. Smooth as silk at 100+mph.
    Well, I have the Avons. I also used them on my Valkyrie with good results(both wear and handling). However, As soon as I rode the "B" out of the installer's garage, I knew I had made a mistake. My "B" doesn't like them. Or maybe I don't like the way my "B" feels while riding on them. When these wear out, I'm going back to the Stones.

I get mine here.

https://www.cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail...r/73515/304587

https://www.cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail...t/73515/304586

So that’s $417.16 plus tax. I mount and balance them myself so I don’t have an idea what that would cost? Before I had a tire machine and balancer I would remove the wheel assemblies from the bike and a place down the road would do both for $50 cash deal. That was 8-10 years ago.
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

I did buy the the tires from my local dealer wasn't worth wasting a day driving to the other dealer.
    So how many miles are you getting out of your E4's?

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I did buy the the tires from my local dealer wasn't worth wasting a day driving to the other dealer.
    So how many miles are you getting out of your E4's?

Two sets of E4s on Isleen:
    19,000 on the first
    21,000 on the second
    Anal about tire pressure....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce