Kuryakyn hand grips

Thread: Kuryakyn hand grips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kuryakyn hand grips

I purchased a set of the Kuryakyn hand grips from them on line, letting them tell me which set fit the F6B. When I installed the hand grips I found that I have about a 1/2" gap between where the grips end and the handlebar controls are located. It seems like the handlebar controls are where they should be, so is the 1/2" gap to be expected, or is something wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skromfols View Post
    I purchased a set of the Kuryakyn hand grips from them on line, letting them tell me which set fit the F6B. When I installed the hand grips I found that I have about a 1/2" gap between where the grips end and the handlebar controls are located. It seems like the handlebar controls are where they should be, so is the 1/2" gap to be expected, or is something wrong?
    I have the Kury grips on my 2013 and they install right over the existing heated grips with no gap at all...I think they have a couple of different styles if I remember right...Might want to further investigate with your dealer or Kury...Regards

Do the grips still keep your hands warm on cold rides when these are installed over them?
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Do the grips still keep your hands warm on cold rides when these are installed over them?
    Not as much as the stockers, but I rarely use the heated grips and prefer my heavy gloves..They are a little larger than the ones that don't fit over the existing grips, which I like, and are a two piece fit held on with allen head screws...I have had no issues with them in almost 6 years..Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Not as much as the stockers, but I rarely use the heated grips and prefer my heavy gloves..They are a little larger than the ones that don't fit over the existing grips, which I like, and are a two piece fit held on with allen head screws...I have had no issues with them in almost 6 years..Regards
    Many thanks for the reply and info.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

First thing I want to know is do you have heated grips.
    If so they are the wrong grips.
    Heated grips use a clam shell type that fit right over the stock grips.
    You would not have to remove the stock grips.
    So if you removed your stock grips and you donot have heated grips then you got the wrong grips I think.
    I donot see a wire going to the grips if so not heated.