Russell Day Long
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell Day Long

Russell Day Long

Well I finally did it. Even though my Ultimate seat is great , I sent my oem to RDL. I知 hoping based on what everybody says I will get a little more protection for my back against bumps. I知 thinking I should get it back Mid October.

you going to sell the ultimate seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    Well I finally did it. Even though my Ultimate seat is great , I sent my oem to RDL. I知 hoping based on what everybody says I will get a little more protection for my back against bumps. I知 thinking I should get it back Mid October.
    You will be happy or RDL will make it right so you are happy. I have had 13 saddles built by RDL over the course of 40 years, I've gone though several owners, builders and store locations up and down Calif, I stuck with them through thick and thin and only once did I have to send a saddle back for an adjustment, RDL fixed the issue and had it back right away.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I haven稚 decided yet. If the rdl is as good for me as I hope then I probably will. I bought it right before our rally last year. It did really well then and even better now. I知 hoping the rdl with its suspension will be even better over expansion joints and hard bumps. Four surgeries on my back so I need all I can get.

My butt thanks me every time I start to get on it and after I get off it........Yours will probably do the same.

I have an RDL on my other bike, the F6 gets one in the spring. I doubt you will find it anything other than a great seat.

My RDL is a huge improvement for me. More comfortable yes but the main thing I like is I was able to move my seating position up and back more to give my knees less bend. Of course that required MBL risers and Heli Bars to get my reach correct but now the bike sits great and I can stay in the saddle all day if I wish.
    IMG_4884.jpg

Well my seat is on its way back to me. I should receive it Monday. I did the dual seat so I need a girlfriend under 150 lbs! I also opted for heat for both. I’ve never had a heated seat before.

Well got my seat put on and rode 300 miles. Half of that was in the twisted the other on interstate.I like having heat in the seats as it was low forties when I left. The rdl was comfortable and never felt like I needed relief. Being brand new I’m hoping it will get even better with time as my Ultimate did. My Ultimate got to the point where I never had a problem putting the miles on without a break so I was conflicted about buying another. Right now I would say the comfort is about equal. The heat is a plus and I do deal there is a little better shock absobtion. We will see how it does with more miles.

We need pics please.