Why Riders Don’t Wave Back

Thread: Why Riders Don’t Wave Back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have been riding two wheels for 50 years. Went through a phase of waving (two weeks worth), now I am like WTF, as I thought this is not a safe move.
    Do you all wave at all vehicles when they pass?

Why take your hand off the bars to wave at another two wheel machine...I do not get it. It is not like a motorcycle is a rare vehicle...
    Oh, how I love the idiots who are in a curve, entering or leaving, suddenly they change track and wave...Get you bloody hands back on the bars and ride!!
    Then you get the hand down low wave, really cool...but again why?

Rant done, but I still have to ask why do you wave at other bikers?

Man those are great!! love that it's not focused on just one brand.

I wave if someone waves at me. Rude not to I think. Otherwise I just ride on.

If you have never taken your hand off the grip while riding down the road, then good on you. I'm not ashamed to admit I take my hand off the grips on occasion momentarily, relieve a strain, stretch my arm etc.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 09-24-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Man those are great!! love that it's not focused on just one brand.

I wave if someone waves at me. Rude not to I think. Otherwise I just ride on.

If you have never taken your hand off the grip while riding down the road, then good on you. I'm not ashamed to admit I take my hand off the grips on occasion momentarily, relieve a strain, stretch my arm etc.
    Exactly! So many riders of all brands, are messing with their radios, and GPS and other crap, which takes them, way farther from being safe, than a quick wave does. At least when bikers wave, there head and eyes are up, and not on some electronic gadget.