Cee Bailey Windshield Issue??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cee Bailey Windshield Issue??

Cee Bailey Windshield Issue??

Ordered 11" Cee Bailey Opaque. Installed it no problem. Test ride no problem. Worked better than 9" CB I have been using. This evening I cleaned dust and residue from plastic wrapping from shipment and was left with a lot of white specks. Can get them off. I used windex and paper towels. This has not been an issue with the 9" I have had on for 4 months now.

Any ideas?Attachment 3232

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    Ordered 11" Cee Bailey Opaque. Installed it no problem. Test ride no problem. Worked better than 9" CB I have been using. This evening I cleaned dust and residue from plastic wrapping from shipment and was left with a lot of white specks. Can get them off. I used windex and paper towels. This has not been an issue with the 9" I have had on for 4 months now.

Any ideas?Attachment 3232

You DO NOT want to clean plastic windshields with paper towels and windex. There is a product called PLEXUS that is made to clean plastic windshields and plastic windows. You can find it at the Honda dealership or order it on line. You need a micro fibre cotton towel to clean your shield.

Paper towels WILL scratch your plastic windshield. I believe F4Custom shields have a protective coating that prevents scratching on their shields.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I agree with the above posts....Never use Windex or paper towels on a windshield!!! Use a quality micro-fiber towel and a Plexus like product...Regular old household Pledge works wonders and will get bugs and grime off more readily....Always clean the shield with an up and down motion, not circular, as this also can cause scratches....

I don't mean to be out of line, and I'm sorry if this comes across as such. But I have the Cee Baileys 13 clear on my bike and I remember in the instructions it specifically states no paper towels or windex. Just clean water and maybe a micro cloth.

Cleaning plastic wind screens with windex and paper towels is not good but I am not sure it would cause white spots.

I have had several Cee Baileys screens and always use McGuires Quik Detailer and soft colth. I think they are coated but either way they do not scratch very easy, however I always get dark tint not opaque.

That being said I would check with Cee Baileys. I had my bike parked in the shop at work on a rainy day so it wouldn't have to sit out and get poured on and was suprised when I left to find a lite dusting of white overspray from someones paint project. It stuck like static to the plastic parts and although it came off the paint with a good wash and wax, I could not get it off the Cee Baileys screen. I emailed them and asked what to try and they said "DON'T TRY YOU WILL SCREW IT UP" send it in and if we can't clean it we will replace it no charge! Wow! Anyway I sent it in and they cleaned it up like new.

Plexi-Clean

Mrf-13
    I have the same windshield and live on a gravel road. I feel your pain with the dust on the shield.
    I've been using the same method as Phantom suggested but was able to find a product at Ace Hardware called Plexi-Clean for under $5 a bottle(pint).
    It also has a anti-static feature to it.
    For anyone else lucky enough to live on a gravel road this also works great on the back panels on the bike to keep the dust from clinging to the back of your freshly washed bike.

I also use Plexus. It's not cheap but microfiber and that spray work nice. I use it on my helmets and visors too!

That for the info everyone.

Usually use mcguires to clean my windshield unless it has bugs caked on it. I have used windex and paper towels on many occasions to remove bugs with no white specks.

Cee Bailey said to send it back and they would fix it or replace it.

Removed it to send it back and modded my 9". It now 7 1/2"

Instructions???
    That wasn't packaging??

Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    That for the info everyone.

Usually use mcguires to clean my windshield unless it has bugs caked on it. I have used windex and paper towels on many occasions to remove bugs with no white specks.

Cee Bailey said to send it back and they would fix it or replace it.

Removed it to send it back and modded my 9". It now 7 1/2"

Instructions???
    That wasn't packaging??
    They have been a very good company to deal with. I am glad they are taking care of you. I am using a 7" Cee Baileys dark tint. It works for me.

The guy you deal with on the phone is part of a very good, skilled team. Having been there for the prototype fitment in Montebello CA, they run a very tight operation (they also make aircraft windshields and tires). No skimping on materials there!
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.