powering my Sena Freewire

Thread: powering my Sena Freewire

powering my Sena Freewire

I've installed the Sena Freewire in the left side box and it works great with my Serius XM system. Now what I would really like to do is add my Garmin Nuvi to my instruments. Since the Sena Freewire has a cigarette plug for power, and there is only one cigarette jack. I have a cigarette plug in with dual USB ports, which would allow me to plug in both my Sena and my Garmin, however, I need to find a power cord for my Sena that goes from the power input side to a USB plug. I checked with Sena through chat, but they claimed that have no idea where I can find such a cable or even what the plug that goes into the Sena is called. I checked with Staples and they have no such cord, so I'm looking for any suggestions on where I might be able to find a cord that plugs into the Sena and has a USB plug on the other end. Any suggestions ? As a last resort I could add a second cigarette jack, but I hate to do that, and I don't have room for one of those cigarette jack splitters.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Skromfols; 09-24-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Walmart, just match the end that matches the Sena.
    I use a sena SM 10 for XM and zumo 395

just purchase a cigarette lighter Y cable 1 plug in to bike 2 female outlet plugs. most any automotive store will carry them. It will all fit into left pocket.

Remove the cubby, plenty of room under it.

Have you tried Frys? They carry just about everything.

I went to Home Depot and found the cigarette Y cable that Ghost Rider mentioned above. It works great. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to provide your assistance. That's what I love about this forum, the sharing of information that helps us all out.

Stan

just a suggestion when you plug item in use electrical tape on the plug in. I have had them vibrate loose a time or 2. Taped mine no more problem.