Signing off after 6 years with the F6B forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Signing off after 6 years with the F6B forum

Signing off after 6 years with the F6B forum

Well after over 6 great years of riding my F6B and enjoying every minute, my age of almost 80 is slowly taking over these old bones...I gave my F6B to eldest son today, who will be 50 in a couple of months, for his birthday..He has always loved the thing but with family and travel and the issues of raising kids, he never could afford it...He has been riding a 20+ year old Ninja, that is just about done, and is extremely happy to get my bike...I bought a leftover 2018 Honda Shadow Phantom for a great price, and after dealer adds a few accessories, I plan to pick it up next week...Old, but not yet ready to quit riding, so looking forward to riding a much smaller, less powerful, and over 250lbs lighter bike...It has been a great "ride" on this site and I have been able to get a lot of great info and make a lot of biker friends....If on any occasion, for any reason, I have offended anyone I truly apologize and hope you all continue to ride safe!!!...Regards, Opa's ride.....

Opas, you and I have not seen eye to eye on everything, but that’s what makes life interesting! I love meeting, talking, blogging with people who come from a different perspective than me. Good luck with the new bike, and stop back every now and then, like I have been!

Hate to see you leave the forum. Glad to hear that you’re still riding! You should still pop in from time to time. You probably have some experience with the bike that could be helpful to others. Either way, be safe out there!

Enjoy your new ride, be safe

Enjoy your new scoot. In the wind is in the wind. You don’t have to be a stranger here.

All the best, Opas. Perhaps send a photo of your new ride when you get it home. Enjoy every mile ahead.

Hey Opas, congrats on the new bike! Good luck to you and your son!

Jason

Enjoy your new ride. I have enjoyed your posts
    Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Well after over 6 great years of riding my F6B and enjoying every minute, my age of almost 80 is slowly taking over these old bones...I gave my F6B to eldest son today, who will be 50 in a couple of months, for his birthday..He has always loved the thing but with family and travel and the issues of raising kids, he never could afford it...He has been riding a 20+ year old Ninja, that is just about done, and is extremely happy to get my bike...I bought a leftover 2018 Honda Shadow Phantom for a great price, and after dealer adds a few accessories, I plan to pick it up next week...Old, but not yet ready to quit riding, so looking forward to riding a much smaller, less powerful, and over 250lbs lighter bike...It has been a great "ride" on this site and I have been able to get a lot of great info and make a lot of biker friends....If on any occasion, for any reason, I have offended anyone I truly apologize and hope you all continue to ride safe!!!...Regards, Opa's ride.....
    All the best old timer....I'm not far behind you. Beautiful gesture to gift your B to your son! Keep us updated on all your new adventures...

Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Good luck Opas!! I’m 10 years younger but I can sure feel the years catching up, along with all the things I’ve done over the years! Great that you gave the bike to your son—wonderful thing to do! Enjoy the new ride. Lighter is good!