Help! There's a snake in my bike!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! There's a snake in my bike!

Help! There's a snake in my bike!

Anyone ever had this issue? Yesterday I'm in my garage where I keep my '13 red/black F6B. I notice something strange; there's a small snake coiled around the r/s mirror. No problem, I'll get my grabber and grab it. I missed and it disappeared somewhere inside all that plastic & aluminum. If you haven't noticed on yours there are a lot of nooks and crannies for a snake to hide. Or, several snakes to hide. I do have the advantage though; I know it's in there. But, I still think I might have a heart attack if while cruising the twisty, curvy highways & byways of middle TN it decides to have a look around to see what the faint vibration is all about. It's probably a harmless critter even though it looks like a Coral snake which isn't even supposed to be in this area. What to do? Not sure, but I am sure I don't want to do any riding til I know he's gone! If you've had a similar situation or you're a snake expert or looking to buy a '13 red/black garaged F6B in almost perfect condition, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you!

You need a recorder and the snake charmer sheet music.

Snakes do not like vibration or excessive heat. Start your bike up and see if it’ll come out. To bad you don’t have a Harley as it would probably run from it.

fishingtom - Hmm. Being a red/black snake, maybe he/she just felt a sudden kinship to the red/black bike.

Given your location, I agree with you that it's likely not a coral, but rather a scarlet king snake, which mimics a coral. Since you're 5 years in, have you done the air filter? Might be a good time to finally do that task if you have not, and evict the little critter while you do.

Coral vs Scarlet King.jpg

Sayings that help identify if it is a poisonous coral snake or the non-poisonous scarlet king snake:
    Red Touch Yellow - Kills a Fellow
    Red Touch Black - Venom Lack
    or
    Yellow Touches Red - Soon You'll Be Dead
    Red Touches Black - Friend of Jack

If the snake has a black nose, it's a Coral Snake. That's a good hint.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post

If the snake has a black nose, it's a Coral Snake. That's a good hint.
    I've always confused the 2, the BLACK nose tip is easy to remember !!!! Thanks Larry !

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

There’s only four venomous snakes in your neck of the woods and a Coral is not one of them. Probably a King which makes a very nice pet if you can coax him out of your bike.

That's the first thing I tried but to no avail. This thing seems to like a little vibration and the heat generated by the engine as well as the racket from the stereo cranked all the way up. Maybe it's a teensnake! I've also tried compressed air and my shop vac.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Put a car tire on it.��