Just one true dislike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just one true dislike

Just one true dislike

There are things I've enjoyed tweaking on the B, and a few of those yet to go, but all in all, I absolutely love this bike. I recently crossed over the 20,000 mile mark and I am truly excited and grateful I have so many left to go. I've only found one thing I genuinely dislike on the bike and that is the location of the emergency flasher button. I have used it several times in near emergency situations, where I wanted to alert the traffic behind me to keep their eyes up, and I can't for the life of me imagine why Honda thought you should have to take your hand that far off the bar and reach down by your knee, with either a good proprioceptive memory, or take your eyes off the road, to do so. With the gl1800 being such an engineering marvel, it ranks right up there with the location of the air box for first rate conundrums, but at least the air box location can't help cause an accident.

Jason
    Last edited by Verismo; 10-09-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Tapping your brakes will do the same thing. The flashers are when the bike is stationary not while underway. https://driversprep.com/when-should-...ency-flashers/ Driving with flashers on is illegal in many states. Florida included but I guess you are OK in Texas. I agree the air box location sux but luckily not needed too often.
    Last edited by 2wheelsforme; 10-09-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Tapping your brakes will do the same thing. The flashers are when the bike is stationary not while underway. https://driversprep.com/when-should-...ency-flashers/ Driving with flashers on is illegal in many states. Florida included but I guess you are OK in Texas. I agree the air box location sux but luckily not needed too often.
    I'm aware, 2wheels, but with smartphones and distracted driving these days, the people behind me are lucky I don't have access to military grade spotlights and strobes. I was rear-ended one time on a bike about 10 years ago and ever since I have done everything I can think of to make sure the people behind me see me.

Jason

I think it’s because they have the mindset of using emergency flashers only while parked and don’t take into consideration using them whilst moving.

You could change your brake light bulbs to flashing LEDs. Cyclemax has some for $12 each.

Lightly hold the brakes to get five quick brake light flashes.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Yep, Ewreck, I'm sure both you and 2wheels are correct.

And I like that idea, Seasteve! From the description, it doesn't look like any modulators or anything in addition to the bulbs are required. Is that right? Do you know anything about them?

Jason

Ya shoulda bought a '13. It's on the right handlebar.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Ya shoulda bought a '13. It's on the right handlebar.
    While I was out for a ride today, I happened to think about this thread and looked for my flasher button. Yep, right there where my right thumb would activate the flashers. Couldn't figure out what the problem was because I don't think the OP said what year his was. Wonder why they changed the location.

16 Deluxe. Cruise on the right grip. I love the cruise, but there's bound to be room on one of the grips for the slightest bit of inventiveness.

Jason

Glad you guys cleared that up. I have a 13 and I'm reading thinking what the heck are they activating. Didn't realize they changed the location .