New Honda Goldwing F6B owner in Phoenix, Arizona!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Honda Goldwing F6B owner in Phoenix, Arizona!

New Honda Goldwing F6B owner in Phoenix, Arizona!

Gentlemen-
    I'm a new F6B owner/rider in Phoenix. What a wonderful machine! Does anyone have any suggestions about an improved windshield? I'm 5-10, and weigh 200 lbs, with a normal build.
    Thank you!
    Lucas
    (Former dyed-in-the-wool Harley-Davidson rider.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Gentlemen-
    I'm a new F6B owner/rider in Phoenix. What a wonderful machine! Does anyone have any suggestions about an improved windshield? I'm 5-10, and weigh 200 lbs, with a normal build.
    Thank you!
    Lucas
    Welcome! There are plenty of threads associated with W/S, I promise.

You will get a ton of suggestions. Many threads have already been created on this subject.

I'm 5'10" and about 230 lbs.
    I have installed a Baggershield Sport Shield 11". The mounting points are slotted so if you like you can extend the shield up to a 12.75" dimension. My choice was a dark smoked color with no Vent. I liked the looks although the vent in the summer time or out in AZ may be a good choice too. If you go to my gallery you can see my bike with the shield in the full up position. Shield change is quick and easy with how to videos on U Tube.

This forum is loaded with terrific suggestions on accessories and information on what works and what doesn't. Be careful... my Visa Card numbers wore off in my first 6 weeks of owning my F6B. that was in April and I'm still ordering in December!

Accessories can become an addiction. I'd be the first to admit it.

Welcome to the group

As stated, many opinions. I am 6'2" and use a 19" Baggershield. I tried the Honda one with the vent but didn't like cleaning out the vent or dash.
    It sits in a box in the garage.

Some of the forum sponsors would surely be able to guide you in the right direction. The choices are many, but a friendly word of advise. IF you plan on modifying or changing the seat do that first before you decide on the correct height of a windshield. Let the fun begin..

Congrats on the new bike.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Welcome to the fold!

Convertable Baggershield is a good choice.

I'm trying a Madstad next!

I am about the same size as you are and have found the 11"-19" adjustable Baggershield to work fine for me..It looks great on the bike and is really effective in wind/noise protection in my opinion....Some like the F4 shield, expensive, Cee Baileys, and Madstad...The Hondaline taller shield is also good so I hear....I love my Baggershield, it does the job....

Welcome from Fla.

Another former HD owner here, for many years. Enjoyed em while I had em and never really had a issues with mine. But the F6B will make you forget all about V-Twins.

As far as windsheilds go, I had a fairly tall aftermarket shield on mine (used bike). At 5'8, I wasn't gonna see over it, so I cut it down to 14"h and it's been a good height, so far. You'll find a lot of good info here. Enjoy
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

and have fun with your new toy
    Ride it like you stole it

fl1madmax

Honda Tall for that bike is perfect only $149, and its Vented !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Gentlemen-
    Thank you!
    Lucas
    I'm 6ft 225lb, and look over in the clear and under it in Rain, Perfect !

Welcome

Welcome Lucas, as you see I am also in Phoenix, where about are you? I'm around 36th Street and Union Hills.
    And by the way, I have the 13" baggershield in smoke and it's great! If ya want to see it on my bike maybe we can arrange it? Gotta wait till the rain goes away IF it shows up like they said. LOL!