GPS Unit Vs. Cell Phone Navigation

Thread: GPS Unit Vs. Cell Phone Navigation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I got my first GPS this year, a Garmin 396, and I love it. Rugged, really excellent mount with a clever magnetic charging cable so it clicks in or out very easily into its dock and stays powered, and I haven't lost the GPS signal out in the boonies, yet. Garmin adventurous routing is awesome and has shown me some really beautiful roads I hadn't been on, before. It did, however, land me on private property once. It connects to phone via bluetooth and will display notifications and also real time traffic through Garmin's app, and I can verify this feature works like a charm. It recently saved me from a real doozy of a jam on the interstate. I've also exported some of my trips for later viewing. The ability to really easily change route preferences, add categories, like "Coffee" to the homescreen, and the fact that's it's made for gloved operation are all nice plusses. The one minus is that it's a little fussy with how it likes to be charged when off the bike, and I've read that this is a known issue. However, even with that, I really love it.

Jason
    Last edited by Verismo; 10-18-2019 at 04:48 PM.