Red F6B at my Honda dealer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red F6B at my Honda dealer

Red F6B at my Honda dealer

I was at my local Honda dealer and he has a 2013 red F6B for sale with 3600 mile on and it looks great and at a very fair price of $8699 and it has $2000 in extras.

https://badgercycle.com/Motorcycles-...c-aacd0134178d

The extras are only worth it if the next buyer appreciates the items. I would take off the passenger seat riser, rear rack, floor boards and windshield. I do not like the look, function nor quality of any of those items on that bike. The Honda Tall Windscreen with Vent is Polycarbonate and functions better due to the vent. Cost is $200. Honda rear rack is $200 and looks better because color and angle and functions better due to be level instead of tilted downward at rear. Floorboards force shifter lever linkage mods that be known to damage shift forks and possibly the transmission. Beware. Bike is missing center stand which many prefer and heated grips which are nice in colder weather to reduce hassle with gloves. Just need Torq Loopz and a nice set of Bassani Stainless mufflers too for enjoyment.

To quote Shakespear;"To each his own."

I like the Show Chrome rack because it's gives me a larger platform to strap things down. I've carried things like a chainsaw and a regular size ice chest. Normally, my tent, mattress roll and chair fit on it perfectly.

My aftermarket windshield is close to the tall Honda and, personally, I love it.

Others here on the forum have posted some shifter issues with Kury heel-toe shifter. Hopefully someone will chime in and share or you might do a search.

Center stand and heated grips came stock on the "Deluxe" F6B so you must have the "Standard." Both can be added but I think you'd have to give up the Kury ISO grips to get heated grips.

Enjoy the bike and...Ride it Like You Stole It!...With that mileage and price, you DID!
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

It always makes me wonder how someone can put that much time and effort into fixing up a motorcycle and after all that, deciding they don't like it. The advantage here is that whatever you don't like on this bike, you can sell and recoup some money, or buy the mods that make you happy. The guy that sold me mine said it was "Too Heavy". I thought to myself, "your going to ride it, not carry it".

Ride safe.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    It always makes me wonder how someone can put that much time and effort into fixing up a motorcycle and after all that, deciding they don't like it.
    Ride safe.

You forgot one critical element... previous owner unexpected financial obligations???? Dealerships buy Re-Po's all of the time for 30-50 cents on the dollar, Banks are in the business of lending money and unloading their acquired collateral assets as fast as possible. This could be the situation with this F6B ...

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Jack I think the bike looks great as is. You will like that rack. Much larger and more functional than the Honda rack. Price looks good also. They are great bikes.

Seems like a great buy to me.Can't believe how the price of the used F6B's is tanking but I bought my 2013 with the intention of riding it till my riding days are over.As far as what is on that bike those things can be changed and at that price addiing a few things won't break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    You forgot one critical element... previous owner unexpected financial obligations???? Dealerships buy Re-Po's all of the time for 30-50 cents on the dollar, Banks are in the business of lending money and unloading their acquired collateral assets as fast as possible. This could be the situation with this F6B ...
    Dealer said he traded in for a ATV?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Jack I think the bike looks great as is. You will like that rack. Much larger and more functional than the Honda rack. Price looks good also. They are great bikes.
    I'm not buying that bike I've had a F6B for 5+years. I just thought it was a good deal.

Nice looking bike and a good deal for someone. Great ratio of fun per dollar on that bike.
    Looks like it was taken care of by previous owner.