Motorcycle or Auto oil for F6B? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle or Auto oil for F6B?

Oil

I currently use Delo 400 15W-40 diesel oil in my F6B and ST1300 with great results. Very smooth shifting and no issues so far. I reviewed threads on the ST1300 forum about a Long Distance rider that swears by it and oil anylasis reports on his motorcycle to prove its condition after each oil change. Made a believer out of me so I switched and happy with the results.

I try to use Synthetic or Semi-Syn in all my motors.
    When draining the oil after several thousand miles, you can feel the difference between your fingers (rubbing) of the two. Syn keeps more lubricity in the long run than dino-oil.

I even kept a sample of the two for comparison because I thought I was imagining things - it was different.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdew View Post
    I currently use Delo 400 15W-40 diesel oil in my F6B and ST1300 with great results. Very smooth shifting and no issues so far. I reviewed threads on the ST1300 forum about a Long Distance rider that swears by it and oil anylasis reports on his motorcycle to prove its condition after each oil change. Made a believer out of me so I switched and happy with the results.
    Tough oil rules!
    I started using Richfield Super C 20-40 in my '73 CB750 a very long time ago. Clean engine, no issues. Used Delo400 before Valvoline brought Premium Blue to the market to meet the new Cummins specs.
    A clean engine is a happy engine.

Steve . . .the answer is . . .they can taste the difference!