Replacement batt

Thread: Replacement batt

Replacement batt

Only considering Yuasa, and all delivered to the door. Choice 1: A lead acid YTX20HL-BS and you fill it and charge it with 310 cranking amps for $78. Choice 2: A lead acid GYZ20L filled and precharged ready to go but only 250 amp for $84. Choice 3: A glass mat battery also called GYZ20L but diff color lettering sealed and ready to go with also 250 amp for $142. Opinions on Yuasa batteries only please. I'm leaning toward the lowest price one as I do not mind filling and charging and think the higher amp might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Only considering Yuasa, and all delivered to the door. Choice 1: A lead acid YTX20HL-BS and you fill it and charge it with 310 cranking amps for $78. Choice 2: A lead acid GYZ20L filled and precharged ready to go but only 250 amp for $84. Choice 3: A glass mat battery also called GYZ20L but diff color lettering sealed and ready to go with also 250 amp for $142. Opinions on Yuasa batteries only please. I'm leaning toward the lowest price one as I do not mind filling and charging and think the higher amp might be a good thing.
    You may find this interesting!
    New Battery Post, with three folks buying two different Yuasa Batteries
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?13477-New-Battery
    Last edited by bob109; 10-31-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Yes I did see that, I assuming the 150 buck one was the glass mat. Not sure which one comes in our bikes until I remove this one sometime in the future. Strange that the $150 glass mat and the $84 lead acid have the same numbers to describe them. Good to have three choices that fit this bike.

Yes I did see that, I assuming the 150 buck one was the glass mat. Not sure which one comes in our bikes until I remove this one sometime in the future. Strange that the $150 glass mat and the $84 lead acid have the same numbers to describe them. Good to have three choices that fit this bike.
    The $150.00 cost was through a dealer, a little profit to be expected! I was assured by the Dealer that my battery was NEW/FRESH. It was "Factory Filled", "Sealed" and Fully Charged upon pick-up. The battery is identical to the original, without the Honda Name!

I am one of the ones in the other post that bought the Yuasa, specifically the YTX. I was in the same boat as you, trying to decide which one to go with so I did a search for opinions on several boards.

On another Goldwing board I found comments strongly for the YTX and against the GYZ.

Normally I am skeptical about opinions on boards, but as this gentleman pointed out, with a factory sealed battery you don't know when it was activated. It could be 2 or 3 years old when you get it. Where as a YTX is activated when you add the acid.

This gentleman stated he never buys a factory sealed battery (and he tends to get a lot of them).

I felt that Fred H. made his point very clearly and convinced me to go with the YTX. I also think he makes some pretty good videos.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Hopefully, we can all look back at this post in several years and render a opinion if we have made the right choice in our battery selection!

I was told a few years ago that if you buy a Honda brand Yuasa battery the warranty is one year instead of six months.

I'm guessing any of the 3 Yuasa would be a good choice. As well as many other brand name batteries like Deka or Duracell or even Delco. I tried one of those el cheepos in another bike once and it did not last very long at all. So not interested in a 40 dollar battery. This OEM on my 15 is still strong but surely it will need to be replaced soon. I do not use a tender but ride it often.

Buy the best rated one you can afford.
    I own like 8 Yuasa batteries currently and no issues, ever.
    I go for highest cold cranking amps and longest amp hour rating.
    With any you won't go wrong.
    I've been known to rock the neighborhood with my bike's, side by side stereos with never an issue.
    When we travel, I'm 100% confident in battery power.
    JMO
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe