Replacement batt

Thread: Replacement batt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Only considering Yuasa, and all delivered to the door. Choice 1: A lead acid YTX20HL-BS and you fill it and charge it with 310 cranking amps for $78. Choice 2: A lead acid GYZ20L filled and precharged ready to go but only 250 amp for $84. Choice 3: A glass mat battery also called GYZ20L but diff color lettering sealed and ready to go with also 250 amp for $142. Opinions on Yuasa batteries only please. I'm leaning toward the lowest price one as I do not mind filling and charging and think the higher amp might be a good thing.
    I am one of the ones in the other post that bought the Yuasa, specifically the YTX. I was in the same boat as you, trying to decide which one to go with so I did a search for opinions on several boards.

On another Goldwing board I found comments strongly for the YTX and against the GYZ.

Normally I am skeptical about opinions on boards, but as this gentleman pointed out, with a factory sealed battery you don't know when it was activated. It could be 2 or 3 years old when you get it. Where as a YTX is activated when you add the acid.

This gentleman stated he never buys a factory sealed battery (and he tends to get a lot of them).

I felt that Fred H. made his point very clearly and convinced me to go with the YTX. I also think he makes some pretty good videos.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Hopefully, we can all look back at this post in several years and render a opinion if we have made the right choice in our battery selection!