Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
The first bike I ever fell in love with was a bud's 350 Sprint. We used to run into each other hill climbing and trail riding in the local spill banks. I had what a 12 year-old buying motorcycles with his grass mowing/snow shoveling/de-tasseling money could afford. An old 1960's 2 stroke Suzuki 80 with dual rear sprockets. My bike sucked but it was mine. My older bud's (he had a drivers licence and didn't have to hide from the police riding to the woods) 350 Sprint would climb any hill out there. I had scooter envy big time! At that time I planned on buying one as soon as I was able, quitting school and bumming around the country on it. Luckily I got my girlfriend knocked up and got married at 17 instead. That was in 1974. Three wives and untold motorcycles later, I've still got a soft spot for the 350 sprints in-spite of (maybe because of) never having owned one.
I loved my bike for just the same reason. "It was mine". Bike was great for riding offroad and had a lot of torque. Biggest issue was kick starting. Occasionally it would kick back and bang the hell out of your leg. Still loved mine.