That Pan American is expected to make 145 HP, that's damned respectable for a 1250 CC twin and a few years ago those numbers would have made Ducati proud. If they actually make them, that 145 HP will nearly double Harley's usual power in that size motor.

I'd be really happy to see HD make this bike.

Honda hasn't made a really significant HP/speed boost to its 6 cylinder bikes since 1997 and it shows. Yeah I know the new wings are supposed to be fast, but let's face reality, "no bike with a 112 mph top speed" can really be considered fast, at least no street bike.

If the 145 HP Harley numbers are rear wheel numbers, that will leave our B's in the dust. Then, maybe we'll see if Honda still remembers how to compete in the performance field. I sure hope they step up to the plate. There is no good reason Honda isn't getting 160 HP out of the 6 cylinder engines except perhaps, because they have no competitors pushing them to do so. In 1985 my Honda V65 cruiser would do 0-60 in 3 seconds and was still comfortable and dependable enough for long distance riding. Honda builds no touring/cruiser today that can compete with those V4's they built 30+ years ago. I know about the ST's of course, but they are sport-touring bikes. Not touring-sport-cruisers.

Of course, HD will probably decide against producing these bikes, and Honda will probably continue allowing liability attorneys and safety Nazis to run its engineering department but it doesn't hurt to hope for a resurgence of Muscle Bikes here in the heartland.
https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ion-max-engine