Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJePH View Post
In the video, she was doing some great lip synch. Anyone else play a brass instrument this group? Did you see she did not play with the center of the mouth. An woodwind instrument, you can get away with playing from an angle from the mouth. Not so with a brass. No ring from the mouthpiece on her lips. The notes were not synched with the fingering of the valves of the trumpet. Even her breathing was not in synch with the notes. I played the trumpet in school years ago. I now play the bugle for my Sons Of Confederate Camp. I agree the music was nice. The song Taps was written 151 years ago just up the road from me. I attended the Celebration at the Berkley Plantation on Route 5 in Virginia where it was written. Saw the sheet music for it too. There I joined the "Bugles Across America".
From another old trumpet and bugle player I played on center but knew a lot of others that played off-lip center. Also with the exception of the last note the pressure required for the rest of the piece was minimal so no ring would not suprise me. She wasn't playing like Doc Severenson (although he played off lip center) or Maynard Fergeson but it looked liked she was playing to me. I am waiting for Hornblower to weigh in on this one. Are you out there?